would this solitair mod work?

LG&M

Enlightened
I was thinking a solitaire with a streamlight 1 cell twin task bulb & a 3.6V Li-ion battery. would this work? would it work well? I did a quick search but found no info. Thanks.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
LG&M,

That is an interesting idea, I'd never tried this config, but only tried putting a TT1L bulb with 2AA alkaline/nimh in a minimag. I think one of the main concern is whether the small reflector will have enough length to get the bulb in focus and also one will need to drill out the reflector to allow the bulb to go thru...which might hinder the twist on/off functioning properly.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a smjled in a minimag,I had to drill the reflector, a lot and it still maintins normal on/off function.If the solitare reflector looks anything like mini I think it would easily take some drilling and still function.

What kind of output would a TT1l bulb have on3.7?any guesses?

Walt175

Enlightened
Sounds like it SHOULD work. I wonder if the bulb would get hot enough to melt the reflector. :thinking:

LG&M

Enlightened
I don't have a battery but I played with the bulb & host last night. The bulb is quite a bit longer then the stock one I am not sure the head would go back on. I will have to play with it some more. If I can get the head to fit I will run some power to it before getting a battery.