my energizer red 3 d cell lantern was .6 lux
phillips a19 60 watt led bulb 8.1lux
and my dual mantle coleman propane was 5.2 lux
when I first turn my bushnell on its 5.1
while the lantern above was 4.1 lux

Last edited:

mummel

Newly Enlightened
Would you guys choose this one over the Coleman 1000 lumen CPX one?

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love that Bushnell lantern. I don't care if the specs are overblown. It gets top marks from me for usability and not glaring into my eyes. The auxiliary throw light is just added gravy.

Love the low red. Fantastic night beacon.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love that Bushnell lantern. I don't care if the specs are overblown. It gets top marks from me for usability and not glaring into my eyes. The auxiliary throw light is just added gravy.

Love the low red. Fantastic night beacon.

How is the tint on it? Is it a nice neutral or perhaps even warm light? To me, cool white has no place in the woods.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not warm, kinda neutral/coolish. Definitely not angry blue, or I would have returned it for being an expensive piece of crap. Not cool enough to bug me.

Main lantern is warmer than the auxiliary thrower light on the side of the lantern.

Considering a main emitter swap to the new 219C high CRI, then it would be absolutely perfect IMHO.

Last edited:

jeffsf

Newly Enlightened
Is this available anywhere except Walmart? If that is the only outlet, I'm guessing it is either a channel-specific product or one that has licensed the Bushnell name. I didn't see it on the Bushnell site.

How would you describe the light output on the lower setting?

TIA!

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this available anywhere except Walmart? If that is the only outlet, I'm guessing it is either a channel-specific product or one that has licensed the Bushnell name. I didn't see it on the Bushnell site.
How would you describe the light output on the lower setting?
TIA!
Pretty good, it isn't "infinitely variable," there are steps when you tweak the dial. I find I like placing an object between me and the lantern if I'm coming into the room with night adapted vision from playing with low-drain lights in a pitch dark room.

Just too coolish, though that doesn't matter at the level of fully night adapted vision. Unfortunately, this lantern does not go that low.

Anyway, Walmart isn't the only one carrying it. A quick "search engine" for Bushnell TRKR 1000 lantern gives back the goods. Just trying to decide what Nichia 219c variant to throw in there. It will fix my only concern with it.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking at lantern hosts.... This one may just make the list. May have to do some driver modification tho.. I'd want an uber low moonlight mode. May throw a dedomed warm xml2 in if the beam pattern will accept it.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
My understanding is that lantern host contains tons of room. Maybe have two drivers and select with a DPDT switch? Stock driver's not that bad, really.

Hmmm. Tearing down the Bushnell lantern tonight. Hope I remember to snap some pics.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm. Tearing down the Bushnell lantern tonight. Hope I remember to snap some pics
Looking forward to them!
Well, here ya go fellas! :)

1.There are six 2mm allen head screws on each side. Take them all out. The sides now pop off. It takes a little wiggling and finesse.
Be ADVISED: Some of them are longer and shorter for some reason. Endeavor to remember what went where.
It's easier to pop them off if you first remove the dx4 carrier on the bottom. The battery carrier screws x4 are phillips.
28m9as.jpg
[/IMG]
Uh oh, looks like it's 3 larger SMD led, plus 6 tiny smd. This isn't going to be all that easy of a mod.
2804fbk.jpg
[/IMG]
Access the driver by removing the battery carrier at the bottom. Getting there is cake.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I compared it to my coleman 2 mantle propane lantern and its brighter.

Cloudgamerx

Newly Enlightened
Got me a new bushnell 1000 lumen lantern .She is very bright and decent battery life

I purchased this lantern after having considering other lanterns that were being sold. It has a very nice finish to it. It was a very nice looking lantern. I needed one that emmited 1000 lumens and had a knob so that I could adjust the light. There was an Ozark a trail lantern that had the same features but only emitted 500 lumens. It was 10.00 less so I thought I'd pay a little more to get 500 more lumens. I am satisfied with this purchase. It emits a soft white light which I liked a lot more than the sharp yellowish light that my Might d light emitted. This lantern has been very durable. I have had no issue with it. The knob did get stuck at one point but a quick hard turn resolved that issue. It does take 4 D batteries which could be expensive but overall, I am very satisfied with it. For further info please check out my review on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRb9eHYprmk