WTB: "B@art style" Ti tritium key fob. Anything similar?

taylorID

Newly Enlightened
Hey all!

Long time lurker, love the discussions here.

I've been on the hunt for either a legit B@art Ti tritium key fob or one that is extremely similar in style. Thinner/cleaner/simpler, the better.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a source? Or do you know if B@art is still making them/planning on making them? (Shown below)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Zd7Q3pL1SNY/TVktLWCtoGI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/IdaUPO1Y17w/s1600/tiglow2.jpg

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

It's the absolute final piece to my EDC keys setup, everything else is Ti and I want to finish the puzzle (Preon 1 Ti, Munroe Mega Dangler, Bradley Alias II, XTS Ti space pen).

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can´t tell you whether or not bart still makes these or plans to make another run, but these are definitly great. I have mine on my keychain for a few years now and it survived quite a few drops since while other tritium fobs, that were not that long on my keychain, ended up with a broken vial in the same drops. I think it´s because the vial more or less fits really tight into the titanium tube and is potted on both ends. The only downside is, that you can´t exchange the vial..... (like with most if these) but then again if it is not bright enough anymore after let´s say 15 years it´s time for something different anyway ;)

Eric

taylorID

Newly Enlightened
I can´t tell you whether or not bart still makes these or plans to make another run, but these are definitly great. I have mine on my keychain for a few years now and it survived quite a few drops since while other tritium fobs, that were not that long on my keychain, ended up with a broken vial in the same drops. I think it´s because the vial more or less fits really tight into the titanium tube and is potted on both ends. The only downside is, that you can´t exchange the vial..... (like with most if these) but then again if it is not bright enough anymore after let´s say 15 years it´s time for something different anyway ;)

Eric

Heya Eric,

i just got a message back from B@rt... sadly he's no longer making these titanium key fobs any more. So enjoy and don't lose yours! The search continues!

Sneakers356

Newly Enlightened
How about eBay? They show Tritium keychains, glowrings, glowstick, etc. Just do a search for Tritium and see what comes up.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could also try to get one of toby_pra´s Glowworms. They look much cooler and the tritum vial is user replaceable very easy. Though I had a vial break in my Glowworm V1 after a rather heavy drop of my keychains (the V2 survived as well as barts), after being on my keychain for about a year give or take. The Glowworms is more expensive than barts and also not very easy to come by. But if you put up a "want to buy" in the marketplace or on custom B/S/T you might get lucky.

Eric