• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Lummi Raw

shuter

Enlightened
Lost my EDC Lummi Raw. Would like to replace it. Interested in any two stage Lummi but would prefer the Raw Aluminum.

I'm still looking for a two stage Aluminum Raw for EDC to replace the one I lost. Shelf Queen or User. The hunt continues.

Last edited:

shuter

Enlightened
Tell me about it Thujone. Quite a bit heavier than the aluminum Lummi. Condition? Shelf queen or carried? Battery size? You the first owner? 2 stage? What are the lumin values of each stage. Any issues with it? How much do you want for it?

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me about it Thujone. Quite a bit heavier than the aluminum Lummi. Condition? Shelf queen or carried? Battery size? You the first owner? 2 stage? What are the lumin values of each stage. Any issues with it? How much do you want for it?

I believe this is the very first iteration of the raw ns, contains a luxeon III emitter, and is a 2 stage torch. Also has 3 trit slots with original blue trits (still visible to night adjusted eyes)

1) 36.66g / 1.293oz without cell
2) better, drawer queen
3) cr2
4) yes, purchased 12/13/06. Price: £97 /$195.61
5) high/low 2 stage
6) do not recall claimed specs
7) was only turned on for 2006 wow level on brightness a hand full of times. I do not recall any issue whatsoever.
8) I have honestly not been following the trade winds on light values. Make me an honest offer if you are interested.

Ps, a quick search for a cr2 was unsuccessful. If you are interested I would hunt one down and get proof of life.

8f03ff62e97aa2b6fbb398457f0b23d6.jpg

36e29e556959d237f7a99735d9ce74f6.jpg

shuter

Enlightened
My deal on Thujone's light is pending until he gets a battery to test function with and price has been agreed upon. Turns out his light is the slightly larger model that takes a slightly larger battery and is a bit heavier. Still, I'll be happy to get it. Appreciate it Thujone!

However, I really would like to find my favorite Lummi RAW in aluminum as it's lighter in my pocket. So, I'm still looking if anyone has one they are not using.

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
My deal on Thujone's light is pending until he gets a battery to test function with and price has been agreed upon. Turns out his light is the slightly larger model that takes a slightly larger battery and is a bit heavier. Still, I'll be happy to get it. Appreciate it Thujone!

However, I really would like to find my favorite Lummi RAW in aluminum as it's lighter in my pocket. So, I'm still looking if anyone has one they are not using.

Point of correction, 14250 is actually slightly smaller than cr2 (15270).

shuter

Enlightened
Thank you for the correction Thujone. You are absolutely correct. Don't know exactly what I was thinking. I believe Rob made two sizes of Lummi lights but perhaps I'm wrong about that too. I don't have my old one to see what battery it used and can't remember. Do all your Lummi's use 14250's?

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have the ns currently, but I believe the raw is cr2, ns is 14250, and the wee is 10180. He also made some larger lights that I never was interested in I believe.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only the Lummi Raw aluminum is CR2.
Actually that´s not the case. The CR2 Raw (back then simply called the Orb Raw which was never made under the moniker Lummi btw.) was available in Titanium as well as TiAg (one part Titanium, one part Sterling Silver) too. I had both in addition to a few aluminum ones. I´m not 100% sure anymore but there might have been a complete Sterling Silver one too.

Last edited:

shuter

Enlightened
Thanks for the history Eric. So I wonder if we have Aluminum Raw's that use CR2 and maybe more recent ones with 14250 battery?

Either way, I'm still looking for an Aluminum Raw for EDC to replace the one I lost. The hunt continues.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually that´s not the case. The CR2 Raw (back then simply called the Orb Raw which was never made under the moniker Lummi btw.) was available in Titanium as well as TiAg (one part Titanium, one part Sterling Silver) too. I had both in addition to a few aluminum ones. I´m not 100% sure anymore but there might have been a complete Sterling Silver one too.

That's not the way I understand it.
These are my Raws.

Raw alm (no trit) CR2
Raw ss bb (no trit) 14250
Raw ss pol (2 green trit) 14250

Raw ns (2 green trit) 14250
Raw ti (4 blue trit) 14250
Raw da (1 blue trit) 14250
Orb Raw ns (5 green trit) 14250

They were first called Lummi Raw and then the name was changed to Orb.
Do a search here and on Etsy where they are listed for sale.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/208247215/300-lumen-high-power-smallest-brightest?ref=hp_rv
And yes there was a sterling silver Orb.
There were no Orb aluminum.

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
They were first called Lummi Raw and then the name was changed to Orb.
Nope, it´s the other way around. Rob first made his Orb Raws (the CR2 lights) 10 and more years ago and introduced the the name Lummi later.
There were no Orb aluminum.
There were both a CR2 aluminum Raw as well a 14250 aluminum Raw (had these both as well). The 14250 was called Raw Al.

If you are interested, I´ll post a picture with these (as long as I still have it).

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Right. I have the Ag Sterling silver and the TiAg as well, as well as a number of Al ones, including the rare red and green emitter versions.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes, the coloured LED versions.... I had a red one too. And it was freaking bright considering what was possible back then.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are interested, I´ll post a picture with these (as long as I still have it).
Found it:

lummies.jpg

Bottom row are all Orb Raw (CR2). The ones on the far left and right are aluminum Orb Raw XR-Es (see the size difference on the head due to a larger reflector for the XR-E LED), the one on the left with custom fins (not done by Rob). In addition an Orb Raw TiAg, an aluminum Orb Raw with logo and one without the logo.
Middle row are all 14250, from left to right: Raw Al, Raw Ti, Raw Da, Raw Ns and a custom chrome plated (also not done by Rob) Raw Ns.
Top row are all Wees, from left to right: Wee Ti (bb), Wee Ti, Wee Da, Wee Ns, Wee Ns (bb).
And on the very top a Wee Ag.

The only one I had that´s not in the picture is the red Orb Raw (CR2) which was the same as the one in the middle (bottom row) except for the LED.

Eric

Last edited: