• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTB Okluma DC1

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
An alternative option is a Laulima.
They are machinists actually machining lights full-time.

The Slim is 14500

I'll definitely be adding a Laulima to the collection at some point, just chasing an Okluma in addition lol. I'm a huge fan of the shape, plus I love the idea potted lights being so drop safe

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
Oh wow, I wasn't aware they weren't potted. In the Okluma group on FB Jeff from Okluma references potting quite a bit, but maybe it's only on DC0s.

Yeah Malkoffs are almost perfect for me, it's the lack of Moonlight that stops them being that 10/10. In saying that I own a MDC HA TAC, an MD2 and a pocket thrower, so I am a big fan. If anyone has a 519a Malkoff ill gladly take that off their hands :)

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
519a Malkoff is probably one of the best lights I own, just really wish it had some sort of moonlight mode

There was another round of group buy going on for one

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wish Gene would start moving onto some 519a LEDs in their MDC lineup. I would pay big bucks for a 1.5v AA MDC with a 5000k 519a

Also, a scaled down version of the MDC in a AAA format would be fantastic

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping in the future something will happen, all we can do is patiently wait. Those group buys can be a pain and end up paying more $

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
I guess a HDS Clicky with a 519a is closer to scratching that itch, but I am a sucker for a McClicky switch and the MDC pocket clips are a step above any retention HDS option. Plus, you know, $350ish dollars is a lot of freedom bux for an Aussie for a 250ish lumen light

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I owned the HDS Clicky 519a version. Awesome light, but the price is what made me sell it because of the fear of losing it at work and I'm not a fan of clip options

I also love the Malkoff clip and switch, everything is easily replaceable/affordable on the Malkoffs. If I happen to damage or break something on the Malkoff, it's easily obtainable. Plus, E series threads are a huge bonus if you ever want to use a Surefire or McGizmo host with a MDC head

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The good news is there's about a 1,000 options in the 18350 triple world, and probably 100 that look like a DC1.
Okluma pumps out one light a month or so and rainbow unicorns.
Right now they are feeding their hard-users Zirc only.
I imagine the facebook pics will be elevated to a new level once those ship out.

I'll sell my Delta or Laulima Todai but they are aluminum. Both like new.
My Todai is the only one on the planet with the LED configuration that it has.
I can put any 519a configuration you want in the Delta. I'd go with a Dedomed 5700k, dedomed 5000k, dedomed 3000k.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand the Okluma hype. For fun I put my email in for back in stock notifications on several lights just to see what happens. Over a year later, no email or updates on any products, yet I see some posts with people getting their new lights.. strange. IMO the customer support is terrible, they cannot keep up with the demand and their prices are ridiculous.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand the Okluma hype. For fun I put my email in for back in stock notifications on several lights just to see what happens. Over a year later, no email or updates on any products, yet I see some posts with people getting their new lights.. strange. IMO the customer support is terrible, they cannot keep up with the demand and their prices are ridiculous.
Same boat. I haven't gotten a notification in 2 years. Signed up on two emails.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast

They'll never be in stock. It's not his business model.
There's a lotto where someone wins the right to buy one DC0 light.
Jeff is a nice guy and his lights are nice...i'm just not into the thrill of the seek. I want to buy and start using.
If you want an exotic light you can be added to the list and eventually, an exotic light is shipped.
Those are the only new lights okluma hard-users are getting.

I support folks like Laulima.... he's a real machinist turning out high-volume product with excellent customer service.
He's not machining rainbow unicorns to appease his fanbase. Prometheus has nice lights, too, just limited options.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah I'm not all about that either. Then when someone gets an Okluma, they try and sell for almost double the price to make a profit and it leaves people who actually want one SOL. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I agree the lights are nice, it's just a shame it has to be that way

I will eventually get a Laulima, I've heard great things and I like the availability and options that are listed, plus you can get them in duel fuel which is a huge bonus over an Okluma.

Prometheus is great as well. He pumps out some lights for sure