• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB - Ti Aleph head **FOUND**

Status
Not open for further replies.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Re: WTB - Ti Aleph head

@dmdrewitt

oh man, its not fair that you get this light ti-beauty from mirage man, and
me on my own?!i dont have the money at this time...:shakehead

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anybody interested in a Ti head for the McR27 reflector, it might be a good idea to order reflector/s while the Shoppe has them in stock.....30 in inventory right now.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Anybody interested in a Ti head for the McR27 reflector, it might be a good idea to order reflector/s while the Shoppe has them in stock.....30 in inventory right now.

Thanks for the heads up Scott, no pun intended I think.

If I buy some reflectors, I suppose I'll need some Ti heads to go with
them though. Then some 18650 bodies in order to support a P7.
So when can you start? :duck:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK...I better fix this, right now!

Tim, I apologise for mucking up your WTB thread.

I'm not volunteering to make 27mm heads!

My point is this, the last time there was an interest list for 27mm heads, heads that used the McR27 reflectors, the supply of McR27 reflectors suddenly dried up, and it didn't rain for a very, very long time.

Tim, again, I apologise for mucking up your WTB thread.

Sincerely,
Scott

Groundhog66

Banned

OK...I better fix this, right now!

Tim, I apologise for mucking up your WTB thread.

I'm not volunteering to make 27mm heads!

My point is this, the last time there was an interest list for 27mm heads, heads that used the McR27 reflectors, the supply of McR27 reflectors suddenly dried up, and it didn't rain for a very, very long time.

Tim, again, I apologise for mucking up your WTB thread.

Sincerely,
Scott

No worries Scott, your input is always appreciated.:wave:

precisionworks

Flashaholic

alum heads will work but aren't as sexy

I understand that the REAL reason for using aluminum heads is that high end lights always hit bezel first. Drop the Ti Pak on a KX1 head, no problem. Drop it on a custom machined Ti head ... :mecry:

I snagged a KX1 on BST last weekend. Planning to mount it in the lathe & remove most of the Surefire Look. If it comes out nice, I'll post a photo of it on my Ti Pak. If it turns out fugly, no one else will ever get a look:nana:

Groundhog66

Banned

I understand that the REAL reason for using aluminum heads is that high end lights always hit bezel first. Drop the Ti Pak on a KX1 head, no problem. Drop it on a custom machined Ti head ... :mecry:

I snagged a KX1 on BST last weekend. Planning to mount it in the lathe & remove most of the Surefire Look. If it comes out nice, I'll post a photo of it on my Ti Pak. If it turns out fugly, no one else will ever get a look:nana:

Sounds great, can't wait to see how it turns out.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

As my old boss at the machine shop used to say, "The part was coming along perfectly until the final cut":mecry:

It did look really nice as the machine made the side of the head straight ... then someone (?) had the brilliant idea to groove the head to match the Ti Pak body ... and there isn't even 0.020" left to cut a groove after the KX1 is machined straight:poof:

At least it was an inexpensive head, part of the learning process. No photos at this time ...

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

As my old boss at the machine shop used to say, "The part was coming along perfectly until the final cut":mecry:

It did look really nice as the machine made the side of the head straight ... then someone (?) had the brilliant idea to groove the head to match the Ti Pak body ... and there isn't even 0.020" left to cut a groove after the KX1 is machined straight:poof:

At least it was an inexpensive head, part of the learning process. No photos at this time ...

My Dad always told me "measure twice and cut once" :grin2:. There's no such thing as a board stretcher. But seriously, I remember I cut right through a M@g head once while finning it. I didn't even notice that I had until I was unscrewing it from the mandrel and it came off in two pieces :ohgeez:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.