• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTB Zero Rez shorty

Strintguy

Enlightened
Hello, I'm trying to complete a custom build, but Oveready does not seem to be making any more of these. I'm looking for the Zero Rez Shorty, either the plug or the plug inserted in a tail cap, please?

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you worked with a Zero Res Shorty before?

You have a pretty long history of being here.

Can you detail your build (images?) and describe your plans for such a light?

Strintguy

Enlightened
Sorry, I realize it's a custom "put-together" rather than a build. It's a P60 set-up using an 1x18500 body to use an 18650 with the Zero Rez shorty.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something like this?
IMG_6322.jpeg

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Oveready host I put together with a Zero Res is picky about battery length. Are you ok with that?

Would this be a collector flashlight or a working tool?

Thank you for your patience with my questions.

Strintguy

Enlightened
Good pics; nice Lego's. The other Zero Rez I have is more picky about the battery width (due to the body) but works fine otherwise. I'll be using a cooling head like the one on the left in the pic and a Vinh p60 mule 519a 3500k. Not a collector, daily use.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solid copper module nailbender triple Nichia. I asked him to make it single speed and get warm but not hot under sustained use. An 18650 would last something like 45 minutes constant on before dimming noticeably. Lovely light cast.

Was able to unscrew the tailcap just enough so the Zero Res became a momentary on when pressed, going off when released.

Reactions: F89

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, I used copper sheet/foil to shim the engine in the head Oh yeah.

What's a Zero Res worth these days? I could offer an Oveready Triad tail cap glow-in-the-dark with a chip on it.

Reactions: F89

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my lights are for use but admittedly I have so many that many will sit unused. My Oveready zero res being one of them.
It's all Oveready stuff, being a direct drive turbo head with an XPL, 18500 skinny tube with a P60 adapter(18650 protected inside), re-anno'd Surefire tail cap and a zero res shorty.
I can also get mine to momentary when I unscrew it just enough. The light also works great in either hand position with a one handed twisty operation.
The head works just fine on a McClicky and doesn't require a zero res apart from form factor and twist operation.

Good luck with finding a zero res, don't see many these days. I'd be talking to Kitrobaskin if he's will to let one go.

Strintguy

Enlightened
I have a couple, the left is a Malkoff M61LL 219b with a FiveMega 3P body running an 18500, right is an Oveready 219b triad in Five Mega 18500 body. I'm really looking for a warmer tint mule for the next one.

Attachments

• IMG_2694.jpeg
    IMG_2694.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 19

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is an awesome light Kitrobaskin.
I was after something just like that a while ago but was way too late to get one from Oveready for one of my Oveready drop ins.
Instead I improvised and made some Malkoff stuff work with some minor mods.

Surely that tail cap will get snapped up (let alone the rest of the light if it's up for grabs?).

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pair of 9 year old 18650 GA's in that flashlight. The tailcap is unscrewed to keep the circuit open. Light engine I think is a nailbender as well; the only drop in that we have accepting higher voltage.