• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: D40Avn - Compact AA Lumen Monster 4.4A 1480 Lumen

Disciple

Enlightened
Re: WTS: D40Avn - Compact AA Lumen Monster

A bit more than expected I must admit. Do you have to pull the glued star from the head to de-dome? So much to learn. :)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this isn't designed for throw, but what kind of yardage can I expect from this. This may be the one I'll carry in my coat pocket, and I'd just like to get an idea of range.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I know this isn't designed for throw, but what kind of yardage can I expect from this. This may be the one I'll carry in my coat pocket, and I'd just like to get an idea of range.

The dedoem version of this light throws wuite nicely. Farther than your normal needs outdoor.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
The multimeter sale version didn't say dedomed, so I figured it wasn't. Hopefully I can easily swap. I have a couple dedomed xml2 at my disposal.

Or depending how I like it with her the dome, I may keep it on.

357mag1

Enlightened

The 5000K D40Avn version I have comes pretty close to my stock TK41 (older model 800 Lumens) for throw. I would guess around 45K at least for lux. I also have the D40Avn 6500K de-domed version and that easily out throws my stock TK41.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome thanks. I was looking for a AA light for emergency that has good range . Looks like this one will fit my needs well.

85coke

Newly Enlightened
I'll take a Dedome version. 5000k dedome if possible. I did not mention that in the paypal.

:paypal:

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received mine today. It unreal the power from the AA cells. This is going to be a perfect emergency light. Feels great on the hand, and the modes are well spaced. This is edc worthy if you don't mind another huge bulge in your jeans :p

Alkaline are eaten up pretty quickly. I'll definitely have to get some quality eneloop, or at least the rechargeable AA.

Last edited:

357mag1

Enlightened
Received mine today. It unreal the power from the AA cells. This is going to be a perfect emergency light. Feels great on the hand, and the modes are well spaced. This is edc worthy if you don't mind another huge bulge in your jeans :p

Alkaline are eaten up pretty quickly. I'll definitely have to get some quality eneloop, or at least the rechargeable AA.

Tmack,

If you are in the states I would go with the 2400mah Ion Core Duracells sold for about $11 at Walmart. There is some talk that they are XX Eneloop cells but even if they aren't my testing shows them as quality cells.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will definitely try them. The junk I had at the house lasted a couple hours of just messing around . Are the Walmart rechargeable any good?

357mag1

Enlightened
I will definitely try them. The junk I had at the house lasted a couple hours of just messing around . Are the Walmart rechargeable any good?

The only rechargeable batteries I trust from Walmart are the 2300mah Greentop Energizers or the Ion Core 2400mah Duracells. Both are made in Japan and very good quality cells.

Need to get you a quality charger as most chargers on the market help destroy the NIMH cells. I recommend the Maha Energy MH-C9000 even though it runs about $50. It is the best readily available charger in my opinion.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a shoebox busting full of lithium ion for lasers, from 32650's to 10440's and a i4 charger, but nothing for AA rechargeable. Thanks for the info good sir :)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Downtown Baltimore City.

qe3etahy.jpg

Last edited: