• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: P60 Drop in Light Engine

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: DROP INS D26 P60 Dropn Ins All Copper Bonded PCBs even XP-G2s, MT-G2 ;-)

I didn't realise that the led alone was $70 I though it was for the whole dropin oh well.....

I have a TX25C2vn that's dedomed giving 1450ish lumens so I don't think I'll gain any more throw in a P60 with an XM-L.

Yes I know how to pack P60 dropins in alu foil (been at it for 8 years ;) I just like the copper tape it's cleaner and permanent - (customlights thanks kitrobaskin)

Thanks guys for your input as it's nice to have another's knowledge/opinion/thoughts :)

cheers!

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, paypal sent for one

XM-L2 PDT medium-direct drive 1600 lumen with orange peel reflector

= $73

as discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, sorry if I missed it in your first post, but do you offer a low voltage, single mode driver? I'm looking for something I can put in a 3P type light and run on a single CR123.

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, sorry if I missed it in your first post, but do you offer a low voltage, single mode driver? I'm looking for something I can put in a 3P type light and run on a single CR123.

Thanks!

I can do a custom order for u. Email me.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!

I can tell you that Vinh handled my needs very well. This latest utilizes a driver(?) that will turn on at maximum every time, so I can be navigating on low, and with a quick-off-then on it is going full steam. At a rated 4+ amps, PDT, it 'looks' as bright as the wonderful PDT direct drive dropins I got from him previously. Or, one could say that shortcomings in my hosts used for the comparison don't allow me to discern any difference. There is no detectable sound coming from it.

And I could not get the 'NO last mode memory' from another excellent dropin builder: nailbender.

xml

Newly Enlightened

Hi Vinh,

:paypal: For

Multi-Mode High Current & Low Voltage option: 2.7-6V max $50
XM-L2 6500k
3040mA driver
NO Last mode memory
1) LowLow, Medium, High, LowLow, Medium, High, 10Hz Strobe, 2HZ Blink, SOS, Beacon
Smooth reflector

Thermal Adhesive $2
PRIORITY shipping $3

Total $55

Can't wait to get it!
:thanks:

Tracker II

Enlightened

I'm interested in an XP-E2, De-domed,4000K with smooth reflector for a Surefire 6P. My question is, will an AW 17670 be able to handle 3,040mA or should I go lower (if so, how much lower)? I really want some big time throw so if I have to go too much lower, I guess I'll have to go 18650.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I am having trouble sourcing good smooth reflectors. The ones i just got doesnt focus well. I might have to halt smooth reflector orders for a while.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am having trouble sourcing good smooth reflectors. The ones i just got doesnt focus well. I might have to halt smooth reflector orders for a while.

Oh no. I was about to order the same thing. That's ok I don't have one now so I can wait

Freaker

Newly Enlightened

My XML I bought two years ago (and have used very heavily) is starting to give the low battery indications with batteries that are still mostly full.

It will suddenly dim and then blink intermittently with the battery at 3.9 volts. I then put the same battery in a newer dropin (both yours) and it works fine.

Does this mean it is dying?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

My XML I bought two years ago (and have used very heavily) is starting to give the low battery indications with batteries that are still mostly full.

It will suddenly dim and then blink intermittently with the battery at 3.9 volts. I then put the same battery in a newer dropin (both yours) and it works fine.

Does this mean it is dying?

May be the driver is dying.

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened

May be the driver is dying.

Mine has been flaky, I thought was a grounding issue as I use copper not a negative spring. Some days it is no issue at all sometimes medium only flickers. weeeird. I think it does it around 3.8 volts but not entirely sure. Otherwise I love the XML 5000K, I'd order more no hesitation!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Teh brass park of the light is where negative is. This is why a large spring must be used. Sometimes the large spring needs to be cut down to fit a particular host.

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened

Hey me again...order up! XML 5000k neutral set at 4,560mA +$4, Option 7 Variant B (Low, Med, High) NO MEMORY :) I diffuse my lights with film on the glass, any reflector is fine. I would like thermal potting and the impact adhesive resistance thingie at +$2. Sending payPal Believe this is $50+4+2 plus $3 shipping $59 total.:paypal: Unique Transaction ID # 6F0536959R6135243

Last edited:

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened

Got it in 2 days, ridiculous!! For 4.5amp on 'high' it doesn't get nearly as hot as my 3.4amp XML did...odd. And I am using the thin copper strip so I know heat should be getting through to the head. It is brighter of course. I can't do a side by side, I need a cheap test host. But anyway, thanks!!:thumbsup: