• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King 122K Lux - 690 OTF Lumen

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King

I just tested another S200C2vn with XML2 PDT and the beam is also nice! Much less throw than XPG2 PDT of course but you do get more lumen and a wider hot spot.

Will try XPG2 Dome on and see what's up :)

Capolini

Banned

I just tested another S200C2vn with XML2 PDT and the beam is also nice! Much less throw than XPG2 PDT of course but you do get more lumen and a wider hot spot.

:thinking::thinking::thinking: hmmmmm,,decisions, decisions!!!!:thinking::thinking::thinking: I think I will stick w/ XPG2!! Nice to have a choice though!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

:thinking::thinking::thinking: hmmmmm,,decisions, decisions!!!!:thinking::thinking::thinking: I think I will stick w/ XPG2!! Nice to have a choice though!

XPG2 PDT is of course the Highlight :)

TEEJ

Flashaholic

What, you don't want to project a moonlight mode onto a tree 500 meters away?

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

The led I ll be sticking with what the title is, Baby Throw King, BTK ��

I have a couple of SF M3 with D36 drop ins.
One with XML2 and another with XPG2.
The XML2 version is an excellent close to mid range and plenty bright bigger hotspot for some distance. Also have a brighter spill.
On the other hand, XPG2 with the same sized reflector gives a very defined tight hotspot that throws a long way and surprisingly a bigger spill area than that on the xml2. Xpg2 transformed my SF M3 into a compact Turbo head.
With diffuser on, the xml2 does seem slightly brighter than xpg2.

Just to share, so its easier to decide on your personal preference.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks for doing this. capaloni posted earlier that the s200c2vn is around 130/140kcd. is this true?
i thought this s200c2vn was doing closer to 400kcd. or at least more than 140kcd.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

That would be amazing, but I think it's not quite up there :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

thanks for doing this. capaloni posted earlier that the s200c2vn is around 130/140kcd. is this true?
i thought this s200c2vn was doing closer to 400kcd. or at least more than 140kcd.

The S200C2vn throw similar to a 100K Olight SR90. 400K is way too high! The light is very small and it has a reflector not aspheric. Even aspheric at 400K would be too impressive.

Would you like a refund? You will probably be disappointed if you expect at least 140K-400K

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

SX25A6vn XPG2 PDT VS S200C2vn XML2 PDT

I modded a SX25A6 with XPG2 PDT and boosted to 4.5A at the LED and found out that this light has an identical reflector to the S200C2. Therefore a SX25A6vn XPG2 PDT should have identical performance to a S200C2vn XPG2 PDT.

I then went ahead and mod a my second S200C2 sample to XML2 PDT driven at 4.5A and then compared this light to the SX25A6vn XPG2 PDT to see the beam differences. Here is what I got:

I also threw in an Olight SR90 to make sure that the SX25A6vn XPG2 PDT would out-throw it just like the S200C2vn XPG2 PDT did. (At least visually)

As expected, visually the SX25A6vn XPG2 PDT out-threw the Olight SR90 just like the S200C2vn XPG2 PDT did:

Conclusion: I think this is a good example for a case where real life performance is more convincing than the beam shots and numbers might suggest. Clearly from the beam shots we can see the XPG2 PDT out-threw the XML2 PDT. Lux wise I would take a wild guess that the XPG2 PDT has double the lux of the XML2 PDT. But somehow I just prefer the beam of the XML2 PDT more, simply put the beam is more practical to me. The XML2 PDT makes identifying a group of subject easier than the XPG2 PDT at around 200 feet. There is no doubt I am impressed with the XPG2 PDT hot spot and bright corona around it making it a better than tunnel only vision light. However, I will still have to say the XML2 PDT has a beam that I like more even though it's less impressive lux wise. Lucky for me I can keep one of each otherwise I would be real torn between the two. It's kinda like picking a Corvette ZR1 and a Cadillac CTS-V. We know the ZR1 has all the numbers but the CTS-V is proably the better all around due to it's practicality.

So XPG2 Dedome or XML2 Dedome for you?

Post in this thread only if you want a change order to XML2 PDT

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

So only aesthetics, UI, and batteries are different?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm still in for the s200cvn :)
Love the look and battery choice.
1x 18650.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the Xpg2 but your recommendation means alot to me. Hmm.

Last edited:

Disciple

Enlightened

Conclusion: I think this is a good example for a case where real life performance is more convincing than the beam shots and numbers might suggest. Clearly from the beam shots we can see the XPG2 PDT out-threw the XML2 PDT. Lux wise I would take a wild guess that the XPG2 PDT has double the lux of the XML2 PDT. But somehow I just prefer the beam of the XML2 PDT more, simply put the beam is more practical to me.

Vinh, would you compare the spot size of the S200C2 with both modifications to that of the K40vn? That would give me some perspective.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, would you compare the spot size of the S200C2 with both modifications to that of the K40vn? That would give me some perspective.

At 200 feet the hot spot size of the XML2 PDT is slightly larger than the K40vn's.
At 200 feet the hot spot size of the XPG2 PDT is slightly smaller than the K40vn's.

In other words the hot spot size of the K40vn fit right in between the two LED hot spot in the Eagletac's discussed here.

Disciple

Enlightened

Thanks! Based on that I agree that the XML2 is probably the more generally useful option in that package.