• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King 122K Lux - 690 OTF Lumen

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vin, how do I know if mine is direct drive or still has modes (yes I know, sounds like a stupid question)? I think the factory settings has high medium and low, when I twist the head, I get from high to a medium but no low, or was I not meant to twist the head after this mod?? :whistle:

Low mode is sometimes lost due to a mechanical pin not protruding back in place. This is a commom Eagletac issue that I can't do anything about. Your light has more than one mode so its not direct drive for sure.

Lomandor

Enlightened
Low mode is sometimes lost due to a mechanical pin not protruding back in place. This is a commom Eagletac issue that I can't do anything about. Your light has more than one mode so its not direct drive for sure.

Thanks for clearing that up, I am happy with the 2 mode, high+medium anyway. Got this ages ago and just trying it out now Lol. Thanks Vin for another awesome light ;)

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Vinh have you done a XP-L version yet? Curious on the difference..

Also I was wondering why the XP-G2 was so popular when it seems the throw is about the same with your dedomed XM-L2?

I realize some people/some uses prefer less spill but was curious if there was more to it than that?

panag

Enlightened
the xpg2 dedomed version has double klux from xml2 dedomed version 137000 vs 65000k lux!!!!! fantastic throw!!! the beam is like a small polarion ph50:):thumbsup::wave:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awwww you guys are making me sad that I don't have mine yet ha ha ha
I can't wait till I get it.
I wish Eagltac would send Vinh the lights already!

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Also I was wondering why the XP-G2 was so popular when it seems the throw is about the same with your dedomed XM-L2?

the xpg2 dedomed version has double klux from xml2 dedomed version 137000 vs 65000k lux!!!!! fantastic throw!!! the beam is like a small polarion ph50:):thumbsup::wave:

That would certainly make sense if true. I guess my confusion came from Jmpaul320's test of the S200C2vn with dedomed XM-L2. He writes:

Eagletac s200c2vn XML2 PDT Direct Drive single mode
Samsung 20r
1266@ turn on
1227@ 30 sec
153,000 Lux

Eagletac s200c2vn XML2 PDT
Samsung 20r
1063@ Turn on
1024@ 30 sec
290 mid
16 low
123,000 Lux

Which does sound plausible to me as the surface brightness is nearly as high on the XM-L2 as the XP-G2...

I guess to clear this up, we'd have to see an XPG & XML version on the same light meter and IS.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XP-G2 dedomed version does NOT have double the lux as the XM-L2 dedomed version. I'd love to know where you got your information. Regardless, please be careful when you post things as "fact." If it's your opinion or "to your eyes" say so. For example, many people feel in a side by side comparison that the 3 mode XP-G2 dedomed version throws further then the 3 mode XM-L2 dedomed version. I personally don't think that is true, but even using my lights to compare, people had different opinions of what they were seeing.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an XPG2 dedomed version ordered.
So once I get it maybe I can send it off to you for testing :)

ike1985

Enlightened
I would also like to see lux numbers for TX25C2vn with XPG2 dedomed to compare to TX25C2vn XML2 dedome and S200C2vn in it's various configuartions. =P

Last edited: