• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: TK75vn

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: TK75vn 4400L

Realistically, I doubt you'll use anything but low for most use. Even the 2nd level is too bright for my purposes.

Vinh, something I observed on your modded Fenix TK75 and TK61 lights. If the light is cycled through the modes, and turned off in low, it will come back on, at a lower low, but will revert to a slightly brighter low, if you cycle back through it to the modes. The difference is not as apparent with the TK61vn, but it's definitely there on the TK75's.

Capolini

Banned

InfinitusEquitas
user-online.png

Flashaholic* Join DateMay 2011Location20 Minutes From NYCPosts677

icon1.png

Realistically, I doubt you'll use anything but low for most use. Even the 2nd level is too bright for my purposes.
****************************************************************************************
CAPOLINI:
This is in the category we can "Agree to disagree"!!! :D

What would be the sense of getting this torch if that was the case?! I am the opposite of that. I Rarely use low and use High and turbo the most! I am not walking through neighborhoods while doing this! I am on hiking trails an areas w/ farmland and very few homes/cars!

P.S. I know,a strange way to "copy and paste"!!!
:)

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hardly ever use low mode...unless I am indoors. Medium is probably most common, if I want to conserve the batteries, otherwise high. And turbo is for showing off :D.

I agree with Capolini that if you really think you will only use it in low, you are totally wasting your money getting this light. Even the stock version. I buy big, multi-cell lights because I want sustained high output. There is no reason whatsoever to buy a TK75, stock or Vinh-modded, if you use way less than 100 lumens the majority of the time.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, something I observed on your modded Fenix TK75 and TK61 lights. If the light is cycled through the modes, and turned off in low, it will come back on, at a lower low, but will revert to a slightly brighter low, if you cycle back through it to the modes. The difference is not as apparent with the TK61vn, but it's definitely there on the TK75's.

I noticed that as well and wondered if it was just my model.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

I live in dense suburbia, so for the most part, using any of the higher levels is extreme overkill. A few years back, I was walking my dog, around 1am, I admit a bit zoned out/tired, heard a noise very close by, turned and turned on my light at the same time, toward the noise.

Turned out to be a guy, mid twenties, scruffy, speed walking home, I expect headed home.

The look on his face as he was lit up, is the definition of "deer in headlights" :duh2: Lucky for him it was a long time ago, and it was just a surefire 6p led, so just 60-80 lumens. Since that time, I very rarely have my lights set to a high level by default. Pretty sure if I was carrying one of Vinh's TK75's the guy would have crapped himself. That's what you get for walking up to someone too quietly, and quickly at night though.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is no reason whatsoever to buy a TK75, stock or Vinh-modded, if you use way less than 100 lumens the majority of the time.

I very long ago passed the stage where the need for the lights I get is a proper rational reason. Also just because I don't really need over ~100 lumens, doesn't mean I don't absolutely love occasionally lighting something up with 4000 :tinfoil:

drummer132132

Enlightened

Anyone able to post a video of their TK75vn Killer Thrower version in action? I found a video of the 5000k TK75vn but no luck with the Killer Thrower option. Thanks!

blerkoid

Newly Enlightened

Anyone able to post a video of their TK75vn Killer Thrower version in action? I found a video of the 5000k TK75vn but no luck with the Killer Thrower option. Thanks!

I could, but I am not sure how good the quality would be. What are you looking to find out from the video? Distance, tint and brightness are all different from a video to real life.
I recently had mine upgraded and I would recommend nothing but the KT version.

Let us know what you are looking for and someone will help you out.

Cheers

black bolt

Newly Enlightened

:paypal: for Option C. De-Dome Burn-I Killer Throw Edition plus V54 hand engraved. Thanks for answering my questions Vinh...

George

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Consider yourself ruined for flashlights now ;)

You will compare every light you buy to this one. As you can see this is my favorite light. I have(highly modified) lights that throw further, flood more, but non that can do it all anywhere near as well as this one. Its the ideal light imo.

Has the throw to compete with the big boys of throw, and it has great flood /spill to match. Great user interface, perfect battery configuration, excellent build quality, the option to screw on an extended body for 8x18650. What more could you ask for :)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well your decision will be different from some, because you have dedicated throwers.
But when I evaluate a light, I do so without taking my other lights in consideration. Yes I have lights that are meant for throw, but their spill is nothing like the kt.
If I'm looking at the kt, or the domed version, the kt wins because it still has the flood, but the throw is exceptional.

For someone without tons of lights, to me, the kt would be the best of both worlds.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

The thing is, for most situations, even the stock TK75, with ~125kcd is more of a thrower than majority of people need. By this I mean that 99% of the lighting your average person will do, will be within ~100 meters. This is especially true for anyone living in an urban, or suburban environment. This light, stock, reaches out to ~700 meters. After Vinh's boost, I expect that number reaches to past 800 meters easily. Even if you're like me, and like to cut the final number in half, or in three, with domes on, this light still has phenomenal throw. Also at a closer distance, it's been my experience, that a wider area being illuminated is better.

With Vinh's boost, the dome on TK75, probably reaches to ~150-180kcd range. The KT version, 280-320kcd range.

To put this in some perspective, most dedicated throwers, up until about a year ago, were only touching around 100kcd. I'm not sure, but I don't think even the dedicated thrower armytek barracuda does much better, and might be worse. Except that one lights up a pinpoint, or a branch on a tree, and the other, the whole tree.

I agree the spill remains the same on the TK75vn KT, but it's a lot less bright. So personally, I think unless someone is out for lots of throw, the dome on version makes more practical sense. I do see the strong appeal of both though.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh I can definitely see the appeal of dimes on as well. Having a brighter spill is very practical. And true that the non kt version still has lots of throw.
Its just amazing to me the lux that can be had from a relatively shallow, triple emitter light. That's what's making it the bee's knees to me at least.
How can thus light have great usable spill, and be a contender in the 300k plus throwers. Its just amazing.

bype3uqu.jpg

I would love to have a non kt in this photo to show the difference side by side.

Mx25l3vn /killerthrow /shockervn / tk61vn

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

I had this problem,my thought was I have a dedicated thrower in the tk61vn that has usable flood too so was not over concerned with extra throw on the tk75vn.I have dome on,I wanted the cooler tint as de-dome I guess is around 5500k(something that may help you decide too depending on tint preference).

Its is a huge amount of light,if you don't have a specific thrower then as Tmack said its a good option and a bonus .

So go off tint ,do you need throw,other than that buy both:nana:

Even standard it's a great light..........now made simply awesome vinhsome :laughing:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

My 6500k dedomed is very cool. Just FYI :)
I turned it on, and had to recheck the domes where off lol. Still nice and cool.

ven

Flashaholic

My 6500k dedomed is very cool. Just FYI :)
I turned it on, and had to recheck the domes where off lol. Still nice and cool.

Righty,I thought it was 6500k de-dome so lost 1000k

Maybe I should have got the KT too:nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.