• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: V11Rvn & RRT01vn - 900 Lumen Pocket EDC

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: V11R VS RRT01 ( Help me Pick)

I like the v11r better but I use 18350s in some of my other lights and would like to use with this one. Guess the rrt01 is the only one that will use them. Please correct me if that is wrong

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the RRT01 and the SRT3. My RRT01 really needs an upgrade, but I love the light! The SRT3 is my EDC now and would be my vote. Obviously though I would just have you do the upgrades though and not buy a whole new light.

Lomandor

Enlightened

I have the RRT01 and the SRT3. My RRT01 really needs an upgrade, but I love the light! The SRT3 is my EDC now and would be my vote. Obviously though I would just have you do the upgrades though and not buy a whole new light.

I find the rotary really loose and has shallow indents that don't lock in on my SRT3. Feels quite "toyish" IMO. Chalk and cheese in comparison to the ring on my SRT7, which has the best feel and I find to be the best quality rotary I have found to date. Does yours feel the same?

d.2.the.p

Newly Enlightened
WTS: V11R VS RRT01 ( Help me Pick)

Another vote for the V11r. It's got a ton of battery options if you throw on an extender.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would think a boosted Vn light would benefit greatly from 18350 battery option. (about 30% more capacity?) Plus you said the JB has better beam quality. Is this going to be a de-domed XP-G2 at 700 lumens?? I mean….will the beam quality be ok de-domed on such a little reflector?

Last edited:

Lomandor

Enlightened

I would think a boosted Vn light would benefit greatly from 18350 battery option. (about 30% more capacity?) Plus you said the JB has better beam quality. Is this going to be a de-domed XP-G2 at 700 lumens?? I mean….will the beam quality be ok de-domed on such a little reflector?

Where did you see de-domed?

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where did you see de-domed?

I didn't. Just asking.

I really want a little thrower. My favorite is the EC1. with XP-G2 it does about 9600 lux. Wayne cannot mod these though because it has a pressed in ring on the lens. No way to get it out after its built.

BTW- a pocketable 18650 thrower is Vihn's TX25C2 mod. Just got mine back and it's a little monster. 47-48K lux and a perfect beam. only 4.75 inches long.

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

I find the rotary really loose and has shallow indents that don't lock in on my SRT3. Feels quite "toyish" IMO. Chalk and cheese in comparison to the ring on my SRT7, which has the best feel and I find to be the best quality rotary I have found to date. Does yours feel the same?
The ring is definitely smoother and nicer on my SRT7, but it is still nice on the SRT3. Doesn't feel loose or toyish at all to me.

Jimmy_Olsen

Newly Enlightened
The V10R can be drilled for 18350s, but it's a close call because of the O-ring groove.

Btw., can anyone link me a thread about the electronic switch for the V10R?

aFallenTree

Newly Enlightened

I would love to see this in a VN version. That and or a d25lc2 clickly.

Lomandor

Enlightened

I didn't. Just asking.

I really want a little thrower. My favorite is the EC1. with XP-G2 it does about 9600 lux..

Yeah, the EC1 is a little pocket rocket. Great throw on that little beast.

Devildude

Enlightened

I would have to vote for the V11R, a ton of battery options and great clip. I own a couple of neutral whites and carry one every single day.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

VN, I know the Nichia 219 is not capable of as much radiant power as the XP-G2, but you still haven't directly answered my question. As already stated, other testers claim to be able to get more out of the high-CRI 219 than 280 emitter lumens. I want to know if you have actually measured or had measured the output of your P15vn 219. Is it possible you are getting much more than 280 lumens? Have you done your own current-vs-lumen testing of a copper bonded 219? Is the 219 in the P15vn direct-bonded?

I just go off led current draw vs lumen neasured by Match over at blf graphs

Disciple

Enlightened

My 219s are on noctigon which I think is better than Sinkpad. I powered a 219 at 2A and 3A once both on copper but see no big difference.

I just go off led current draw vs lumen measured by Match over at blf graphs

Okay, searching for "Match Nichia 219 graph" I found what I believe you are referencing. Indeed his figures are lower than the ones I quoted, but now at least I understand. Have you looked closely at djozz's test results? They indicate that the 219 can be driven much harder on a Sinkpad. Assuming that you are direct-bonding the 219's in the P15vn (you haven't yet said clearly) you should be able to feed it the 2.7 amps that you are using for the XP-G2 (though 2A might be more practical). Have you tried this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Post 1 Updated. Seems like we have abtou 50/50 interest so I am just going to order 10 of each :)