• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired XPG modules plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 4)

PetesTactical

Newly Enlightened
Re: XPG modules plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 4)

Have C2 with 6PD Bezel and Malkoff M60 as a weapon light. Want to get one of these drop ins and run one 17670 or 2 primaries. I want more throw, more lumens, any suggestions? Looks like the P7 or ST50 are looking good, HELP! Also, what kind of run times can I expect? Is this bezel ok, or should I get a different one?

Thanks, Pete

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XPG modules plus SST-50 -90 & MCE/P7 P60 dropin Modules for Sf product (part 4)

Have C2 with 6PD Bezel and Malkoff M60 as a weapon light. Want to get one of these drop ins and run one 17670 or 2 primaries. I want more throw, more lumens, any suggestions? Looks like the P7 or ST50 are looking good, HELP! Also, what kind of run times can I expect? Is this bezel ok, or should I get a different one?

Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete

I would not know why a 6pd bezel would not work, I use 6P bezels all the time.
I think either of those leds will give you the lumens you are after. The SST 50 does a great job of giving you a very smooth beam with a large hotspot yet good spill

The P7 is great also and a old faithful but sometimes does have some center clutter I can't focus out.

Dave

naked2

Enlightened

Just curious, but why are the prices for SSTs by PM only?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just curious, but why are the prices for SSTs by PM only?

Because depending on where I buy them and what bin I buy the price may change.
I most of the time eat the difference even if it is as much as ten bucks but different bins now cost as much at 12 to 15 bucks more so I set it up for PM for a quote.

Sorry if it bothers you:D:D

Dave

LG&M

Enlightened

I am sure you have thought of this but something for the E-series would rock! with all the P/C -series drop-In's I can't believe we don't have more E-series options. I got a E2E over a year ago because I was sure the time was right for some kind of drop-in / tower.
I thought you might have missed my question.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought you might have missed my question.

I did not consider it a question sorry, I thought it more of a statement.
It would be a mini tower not a module as I build, I have considered it but it usually takes at least 100 to 200 pcs to get someone interested in milling it. They are not something you can pick up parts after market, i will look into again but it is not something that will happen soon.

Thanks

Dave

PLT

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave,

Paypal has been sent for 1 unit of high CRI warm white rebels with single stage. Thanks.

LG&M

Enlightened

Thank you for the response. I know if it was easy we would have a lot more of them with the popularity of the E series .

R A Miller

Newly Enlightened

Well it would be nice to mix and match these big leds but no reflectors.

For that reason XPE or XRG and since you wanted warm then I would think something like a JE6 XPE which is a warm or a Q3 5b or 4c XPE if you wanted neutral.

Dave
Sounds like the XPE will do the trick. To narrow it down, I have a CL1H V4 with a X-RE, Q4 5A and that's about as warm of a tint as I'd want. So something with that tint or a bit more towards neutral is what I'd like. Based on that description, what do you recommend for my Linger Special?

Thanks,
Rick

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like the XPE will do the trick. To narrow it down, I have a CL1H V4 with a X-RE, Q4 5A and that's about as warm of a tint as I'd want. So something with that tint or a bit more towards neutral is what I'd like. Based on that description, what do you recommend for my Linger Special?

Thanks,
Rick

Hi Rick

Q45A is a neutral white in cree's handbook. I have a XPE in Q35B and since they dont' have Q4 out in XPE yet the Q3 is your best choice.

Dave

Greg G

Enlightened

Dave, I want to set my Uncle up with one of your AA boost drop-ins with an XP-G or XP-E. The host I have in mind is the Solarforce 2AA body.

Tell me about this boost driver. It doesn't need to be anything crazy bright, but a low mode would be nice.

Thanks,

Greg

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave, I want to set my Uncle up with one of your AA boost drop-ins with an XP-G or XP-E. The host I have in mind is the Solarforce 2AA body.

Tell me about this boost driver. It doesn't need to be anything crazy bright, but a low mode would be nice.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg

It is actually a MCU driver but I leave it set on high med and low.
The wife and I take about a 45 minute walk every morning and I used it in a 3 P with a cr123 primary and I had a XPG in the drop in and it was bright and did great. It did not dim any during the walk and that was running on high the whole time. 2XAA would give good run time and still a nice bright lite.

Thanks

Dave

abuhannibal

Newly Enlightened

Tried My SSC-50 drop-in with a 6p bezel last night - really superb and just as described, big hot spot, big bright spill, and enough output to still have very respectable throw. A nice, nice drop-in for sure, probably the best overall I have ever used. Gonna try it tonight with my Turbo C head...

Am very curious about the SSC-90 dropins - is heat more of a problem with these or are they run conservatively enough so it's manageable?

PetesTactical

Newly Enlightened

SST-50 is sounding good, what kind of lumen ratings and run times can I expect from 17670 or 2 primaries?

Thanks, Pete

elamh

Newly Enlightened

Dave,

As per PM, PP sent for 1 sst-50 single mode 3-6v P60 dropin

PP Transaction ID #70249634WL2842648

Thanks,

Alan

naked2

Enlightened

Sorry if it bothers you:D:D
Not bothered, just curious!

I'm interested in a SST-50 module for a FM 1C body. Single mode, (since that body has a forward switch) cool tint, (I believe that's the only tint available currently anyway) and maximum brightness (as far as the driver) are my preferences.

Are there any other options, and would it be regulated?

Thanks, Tony

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not bothered, just curious!

I'm interested in a SST-50 module for a FM 1C body. Single mode, (since that body has a forward switch) cool tint, (I believe that's the only tint available currently anyway) and maximum brightness (as far as the driver) are my preferences.

Are there any other options, and would it be regulated?

Thanks, Tony

This sounds like a 1 C FM light that uses a maglite switch if so this drop in is not made for that kind of light.
If this is one of the sort of pineapple type handle then that has to be modded a different way or use a different kind of drop in.

Let me know if this uses a mag type switch

Dave

naked2

Enlightened

It's not a Mag switch; it's a StreamLite switch. Somewhere in FM's thread (this one) he states that the switch has been tested at I believe ten amps.

I also have an FM 2C body that uses the same switch. I'm using it with a SF KT turbohead and a LF IMR M3T lamp. With that setup it draws 3 1/4 amps at the tailcap, and can run continuous through a set of C LiIon batteries until dim without any problems, so I don't think the switch will be an issue.

Tony

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's not a Mag switch; it's a StreamLite switch. Somewhere in FM's thread (this one) he states that the switch has been tested at I believe ten amps.

I also have an FM 2C body that uses the same switch. I'm using it with a SF KT turbohead and a LF IMR M3T lamp. With that setup it draws 3 1/4 amps at the tailcap, and can run continuous through a set of C LiIon batteries until dim without any problems, so I don't think the switch will be an issue.

Tony

HI Tony

I read it wrong or something that is fine I use that one and his 26500 i love it.

These work great in those hosts as you said they shed heat great but it is just 6 volts max. On my FM 2C I run 3 X 2/3C NIMH and a small brass shim when I want to use my sst 50

Dave

naked2

Enlightened

Thanks, Dave

Is it regulated? (That's probably already been answered somewhere in your thread; I've only read parts 3 and 4.)

Tony