Xtar H1 & H2 Headlamp review (video)

beast1210

Newly Enlightened
Initial review of the Xtar H1 H2 headlamps. cool design, variety of power supplies. I think it needs a memory for last mode used. Rubber band is a bit uncomfortable.

firemedic

Newly Enlightened
excellent review, i allmost bought a h1 "love the aa or 14500 option", im glad i went with the h600w. tons of modes, with memory, and tons of light "spot and spill."

beast1210

Newly Enlightened
I did want to mention that both the H1 and H2 seem to be stepping down from turbo mode after 5 minutes to high, but run times on high with 14500 are much longer than advertised. More testing needed.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool lights; great review. I love the idea of two LED's (one for throw & one for flood.) I wish the flood beam was white & had the same output modes as the throwy beam....that would be perfect. The UI seems decent, but not great. I agree that it should turn off sooner than one second; a half second seems plenty. I disagree with the need for mode memory, at least when turning the light on. I always want my lights to turn on in low or have the option to turn it on in low. I'd also like to see a sub 1 lumen setting on this light as that is a must for me, and is a level that I use daily. I wake up at 4:00 a.m. and use moonlight mode to navigate my bedroom without waking my wife.

I'm a Zebralight fan, and to me the XTAR is not a big enough improvement to win my business. If they could come up with a better UI, a white flood LED with multiple settings, and a sub 1 lumen mode then they'd get me. Zebralight should take note here, and add a floody LED to each of their headlights. That could keep companies like XTAR in their dust. Cuddos to XTAR though for coming up with a new & unique design. With this design, I believe they will have a solid start, and could have a bright future (pun intended.)

beast1210

Newly Enlightened
The Red isnt really a flood, its more focused than I thought it should be.

DSC_0003_zpsa6670475.jpg

Latest posts