Xtar S1 (3xXM-L, 3x18650) "Thrower" Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS and more!

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Re: Xtar S1 (3xXM-L, 3x18650) "Thrower" Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS and more!

By the way, the proto is to be definitely different than the prod version. Easier selection of modes at multiple stages. Stop lock of rotator ring. AR lens... etc. I believe this fellow certainly gives the TK70 a run for it's money.

Last edited:

xed888

Enlightened
Re: Xtar S1 (3xXM-L, 3x18650) "Thrower" Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS and more!

By the way, the proto is definitely different than the prod version. Easier selection of modes at multiple stages. Stop lock of rotator ring. AR lens... etc. I believe this fellow certainly gives the TK70 a run for it's money.

Is this based on experience or just reading? AFAIK, the production version is not out yet

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Is this based on experience or just reading? AFAIK, the production version is not out yet

Since selfbuilt highlighted the point above, let me clarify one a bit more. The ramping from low to high is about 23s instead of 7s. There is a 1 sec pause at 3%, 25%, 75%, 98%. Note that I cannot quantify these numbers with measurements, only as disseminated.

Last edited:

Ualnosaj

Enlightened

The final should be shipping within the next week or so. I'll be interested to see selfbuilt's take on the technical changes.

maunaloa

Newly Enlightened

Are the Xtar S1 items now on offer on eBay the "production version" with the changes xtarlight discussed above?
Are there version numbers so that revisions can be tracked (like the Nitecore TM11)?
If so, what is the version number of the S1 with the changes discussed above?

surasakcho

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the good information from review, I bought S1 and now is waiting for shipping. :thumbsup:

omegakorr

Newly Enlightened

Are the Xtar S1 items now on offer on eBay the "production version" with the changes xtarlight discussed above?
Are there version numbers so that revisions can be tracked (like the Nitecore TM11)?
If so, what is the version number of the S1 with the changes discussed above?

i want one too , but not the ( test version ) it has been said that the shipping version should be out on first week of march....but unfortunetly it is not out yet.
the ones on ebay are still the ( test version )
hope that the real version will come out soon :)
maybe someone can help us to have some clues about the release date ?

maunaloa

Newly Enlightened

omegakorr, welcome to CPF.:)

noch

Newly Enlightened

checking in....still waiting as well... I trust these guys (self built, HKJ, candle lamp, Helmut) expertise/knowledge and will go with their reviews which has been excellent to say the least. Thx for helping out the community! :)

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Shipping from Xtar as we speak. Probably 4-5 days until in someone's hands here. I'll post when it hits as well.

BWX

Enlightened

This is one bad *** light. I don't have one in this class yet either.. TK-45.. Spark SL6-800CW ... O-Light i6 are my brightest. HMMmmmmmmmm.....

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Hey guys, this review is of the pre-production S1, and has been superseded by a new review of the final production version:

Xtar S1 Production Version (3xXM-L, 3x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS+

Most the issues identified on the pre-production model have been addressed. Please refer to that new review for information on the shipping version of the Xtar S1.

In fact, mods please feel free to lock this thread - all further discussion should take place in the proper full review of the shipping version. Thanks! :wave:

BWX

Enlightened

One thing to consider though, you can still buy the pre-production version. In fact I read 'both' reviews (and more), and was thinking heavily about buying the pre-production version as it was significantly cheaper. I ended up getting production version mainly because of better tint, better regulation, and slightly brighter.. but the test version was like $40 cheaper, around $80 cheaper if not counting the discount I got on production version. Anyway....