your experiences for ThruNite

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmobob

Enlightened
I received my new TN4A Neutral White today and I am really impressed. And now that it's in my hands, the price seems even more impressive. What a light for $50!!!

I already ordered a TN31 NW. :)

Take it easy,
Bob

breadfan

Newly Enlightened
Love my Ti3 and TN12. Only complaint is the lanyard holes on TN12 make using the tail switch a little cumbersome.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update the TN12!! The TN12 is a fragile light. It flickers out when I drop it. Update the ergonomics so it does not roll away so easy, upgrade the thin anodizing, upgrade the cheap hard plastic side switch and upgrade the seemingly frail electronics inside the light. With the new Sunwayman P25C costing less and having better ergos, machining, anodizing, soft rubber side switch and likely more robust wiring Thrunite needs to step it up!

hatman

Enlightened
Thanks very very much for all the experiences. that is a very good feedback for us to make huge improvement! and we will stop production on some old models. and then update. we will stop T10s T10T T20s T20T.and Neutron series``` anyway. we will improve continually.

Thanks for asking for feedback, David.

I have two of the Neutron series, the 1AA and 1C, both neutrals.....Both stopped working after a fairly short time. Warranty service was non-existent. Needless to say, I don't recommend ThruNite.

Now if I could just get the second dead ThruNite out of my signature here.....

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
David,

It is good to see somebody from Thrunite reads this forum! I own an Archer 1A and 2A, which I love. They are two of the most solid lights I own and they did not cost a lot of $$$! I also have two Neutron 1A's, but they are not so solid! They are flakey when run on a single AA. In single AA mode, neither one will go into turbo mode. They both do OK if used with 2 AA's or a 14500. One of mine is being used as a 3AA light and it seems to like that configuration! My latest is the T4NA, and I am a fan of that light. I got the cool white, although it does not seem to be so. I also have a question regarding the light. I bought it a few months back, and there is no place for a lanyard, and you cannot use real high capacity NIMH AA's i it without them getting stuck. You just made an improvement in the light where you now can put a lanyard on it, and you either changed the battery holder or the bottom casing to fix the AA issue. Are these parts available separately? Thanks for your interest!

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for asking for feedback, David.

I have two of the Neutron series, the 1AA and 1C, both neutrals.....Both stopped working after a fairly short time. Warranty service was non-existent. Needless to say, I don't recommend ThruNite.

Now if I could just get the second dead ThruNite out of my signature here.....

Sorry to hear that. I want to replace it for you! Could you contact [email protected] or mine: [email protected]

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks very much. since add the layard so it is longer. and we make some improvement on it. but any way. if you need the spare parts. drop us an email!

Rgards

David

David,

It is good to see somebody from Thrunite reads this forum! I own an Archer 1A and 2A, which I love. They are two of the most solid lights I own and they did not cost a lot of $$$! I also have two Neutron 1A's, but they are not so solid! They are flakey when run on a single AA. In single AA mode, neither one will go into turbo mode. They both do OK if used with 2 AA's or a 14500. One of mine is being used as a 3AA light and it seems to like that configuration! My latest is the T4NA, and I am a fan of that light. I got the cool white, although it does not seem to be so. I also have a question regarding the light. I bought it a few months back, and there is no place for a lanyard, and you cannot use real high capacity NIMH AA's i it without them getting stuck. You just made an improvement in the light where you now can put a lanyard on it, and you either changed the battery holder or the bottom casing to fix the AA issue. Are these parts available separately? Thanks for your interest!

AA#5

Newly Enlightened
I bought a TN30 five months ago. I love it. I wanted a floody beam & this one is the floodiest one I've ever seen.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
I've got an old black AAA Ti, which is awesome, and a beautiful new TN4A-NW.
The TN4A is so nice! I really appreciate how fast you guys incorporated feedback after the initial version. I love the UI, performance, beam, and price. It's a really great value and I show it off and recommend it all the time.

In particular about the UI.. I usually don't like mode memory but I like it on the TN4A. Memory only for low/med/high, and direct access to moonlight/turbo. Nice!

I have a question about T10T versions, because there are differences between Thrunite.com and your listings at Amazon:

• What LED versions are really available for T10T? CW, NW? XP-G2? XP-L?

Thanks!

Chewiekw

Newly Enlightened
David
i just bought a TN35 should get it tomorrow, it's my first ThruNite. I will let you know how it goes. Are you guys still making the catapult v5?

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if anyone has asked this yet but just wondering if ThruNite has any solutions to the o-ring tearing when installing the head on the TN32? I noticed the other day when I took it apart to clean and re-grease the threads there were small slivers of o-ring where it had been either cut or pinched while assembling. I've always kept ample grease on both the threads and oring. Other than that it is a great torch. Thanks for any help/advice.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if anyone has asked this yet but just wondering if ThruNite has any solutions to the o-ring tearing when installing the head on the TN32? I noticed the other day when I took it apart to clean and re-grease the threads there were small slivers of o-ring where it had been either cut or pinched while assembling. I've always kept ample grease on both the threads and oring. Other than that it is a great torch. Thanks for any help/advice.

I'm guessing it would have to be a thicker o-ring sitting in a larger, deeper groove. Try alternating tightening and loosening when screwing the head down. That back and forth motion can help spin the o-ring and smooth it out. I have the same problem on the DBS, which has a very thin o-ring.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my TN11S V2 today and man am I impressed! Running the light on 2xOlight 3400mah 18650's. The light is made out of impressively thick aluminum and has impressively good anodizing. Grip is fantastic with the extension tube and grip ring. Having the mode switch at the tail is awesome! The light is extremely bright with a beam profile that can only be described as a flood beam with a tight defined hotspot that has a good touch of throw if that makes any sense. Once again Thrunite has made an extremely high value light that is tough enough to use as a baton for roughly $50. This light and the TN4A are light years ahead of the like priced TN12 2014 in terms of build quality. It is time to update the TN12 again. With stellar examples of what Thrunite can do for this price point like the TN11S V2 and TN4A there is no excuse for the TN12 to continue as a thin walled, thin anodized poorly soldered light.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
...there is no excuse for the TN12 to continue as a thin walled, thin anodized poorly soldered light.

If the anodizing or soldering is poor (I haven't heard complaints about that before) that is definitely a good improvement to make. But making it a heavy, thick light like the TN11S would be a terrible idea. It is meant to be an EDC-friendly light, not a tactical one, and giving it massively thick walls would not in any way enhance it...in fact I think a majority of people might find it to be less desirable. Not every light needs to be built like a tank, as long as it is strong enough...

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
...okay then at least upgrade the anodizing and side switch. Just loving that my new TN11S V2 is so solid I could use it as a baton, guess I got caught up in the moment

Boko

Newly Enlightened
I have a Thrunite TiS in pink (described as red when I bought it, but I really like the pink), which is ideal for my night runs, and a Ti3, bought mainly for the super-low firefly mode. Or should that be infra-low? What I like about them is that the threads turn very smoothly and easily, making one-handed operation a doddle. Both excellent value for money, too.
What I would definitely buy, if available, is a low-output single AAA light with a red LED- I'm trying to find one for my night hikes, but no luck so far. I'm sure I could bodge something with the Ti3 and some sort of filter, but it's not a very elegant solution. There could be a market amongst astronomers wanting to preserve their night vision as well as hikers.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
...okay then at least upgrade the anodizing and side switch. Just loving that my new TN11S V2 is so solid I could use it as a baton, guess I got caught up in the moment

CelticCross74, is it performing to specs and how's the waterproof seal at the head? Per a review, the design of the sealing mechanism in the head of the previous version was improper and inadequate. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts