Your Go-To LED

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon Freedom Micro - use it almost every day. Best keychain light ever!

Inova T4 - bright, always charged and 'just right' in most circumstances.

A bit pedestrian perhaps but it's the truth. :)

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
chrome-addict said:
Which one of your lights gets the most use and why (batt. consumption, beam quality, throw, ergonomics, etc)?

Streamlight TaskLight 2AA.

Batt. consumption: excellent. Rigel LED on high produces around 20 Lumens for 10 hours, while low is something like 5 Lumens for over 50 hours. Low is good indoors, for close up tasks, and can be used for trail walking if necessary to conserve batteries. High is very good for walking. The strobe function works well for warning approaching cars.

Beam quality: decent. Optic system produces good balance between wide spot and slightly ringy, but still useful, spill.

Throw: decent. Usefully lights up terrain 75 feet ahead in the woods. Less useful throw in the city, but still usable at 25 to 50 feet.

Ergonomics: excellent. Short throw clicky on barrel behind head, grippy knurling, nicely balanced, fits hand well, easily pocketable.

Etc: I have smaller lights, throwier lights, and floodier lights, but this is a good "all around" light that can do a little bit of everything. And, it sips *very* gently from its 2AA cells, producing lots of useful light for a very long time.

crampedson

Newly Enlightened
Used to be my Superfire Lux V, simply because it was the most powerful light. Now, it's my Minimag AA Cree mod, same throw and light output as the Superfire, much more compact and has adjustable flood-spot beam as well.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HDS(it finally replaced my ARC4+) because it is next to my wallet (LRP)with the clip outside and is easy to grab.Also the four quick levels with the lowest low and high a momentary press away.At night it is clipped to my watch which is always next to me when not on me.I think that soon my jetbeam AA (or the new one with the cree)with a ti clip will replace it.I am very impressed with the jetbeams so far.:grin2:
C

Steve Andrews

Enlightened
An Opalec Newbeamed MiniMag.

I use it in a flashlight friend sat on my chest to read in bed!

It's also used for night time trips to the loo...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not one of my EDC lights, but the one that's usually in my robe or sweatpants pocket at home in the evening. Presently that light is the Fenix E1. Its good regulation and easy twisting make it a regular choice.

Geoff

Duluth Diesel

Newly Enlightened
Fenix P1. Great little light, super easy to carry. I use it all day, every day. I still carry my 6P as well, but I find myself reaching for that little P1 a lot.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on what I need light for, it will be either my EDC McLuxIII PD or my TriLuxV "Red Dragon". Basically, the PD will cover all areas exept when I am going outside....then I reach for the "Dragon"

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to EDC my HDS 60 GT and Peak Carribean until my new Fenix P1D CE blew them away!!!!!!

:rock:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
It used to be my L4. The only drawback was how hot it got if used for more than a few minutes.

Now it's my Cree ML-1. 1st stage gives great runtime, 2nd stage gives a ton of light from 1 cell!

supes

Enlightened
I'm gonna also say my SF L4, I cannot find another light that puts out this much flood. It's my EDC so I use it a lot everyday. Thank goodness for rechargeables!

photorob

Enlightened
I love my Aleph 1 head on any body. Best throw / spill combo. I usually also have my Kl4 on hand. It loves to eat batteries but i still love it anyways.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lights that are getting the most use lately are my 2x123 A19 XR-E's on Pineapples.
They are the brightest flashlights I own, and the easiest to grab off the shelf.