• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Yuji high cri 5mm LEDS group buy

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
If there are any still available I would like to get 10 ( or even just 1 or 2 if necessary ) of the 3200 for an arc aaa project I am doing. Any angle will be ok but narrow is preferred if I have a choice.

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
Thank you so much guys. At least one will be going into an arc aaa that is awaiti
g it already. I will pm to everyone who responded. This place is full of generous people.

MakQueen

Newly Enlightened
If there are any left I'd like a few 3200 and 5600 45degree. BTW these are the leds from the McGizmo Sapphire.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update: the LEDs are here. Will post instructions in a day or two.

d8gq6qgg_zpsyp8mwefs.png

scout24

Flashaholic
:grouphug: for the Yuji.

Remember to stick the specifications for this LED. Single 3V button cell and 2AAA (alkaline and NimH) have proven to work well. I just modded a Mini-Maglite 2AAA incan to fit it and it looks great :thumbsup:

Perhaps someone will try it in a 2AA application...hmmm?:thinking:

LeanBurn- Details on the 2xAAA mod, please!

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam profile and tint of a single Yuji LED are amazing.

In a Koala ring, 3x 3200x45 produce the beam full of artifacts but the quality of light is like nothing else. I think that single LED mods are the way to go

Too bad there is probably no way to cut a 3mm LED out of these 5mm ones for use in a Lunasol

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
LeanBurn- Details on the 2xAAA mod, please!

It is actually quite easy. Remove the reflector from the head and hold it in your hand. Holding it in your hand gives you the tactile feedback needed as it is small and fragile. Slowly step bore out the reflector from the bottom as to not break off any of the flanges that protrude from the reflector that rest on the edge of the switch mechanism. Step bore taking a bit each time with a bigger bit until the hole is big enough to accept the width of the bottom of the LED.

Then measure the wire legs of the incan lamp against the LED and trim the LED to match. You will have to bend the legs a bit inward as to have them be the same width apart as the incan legs were. Then plug the LED into the same holes as the incan did...if it does not light up reverse the legs. The LED should sit flush against the black switch mechanism. In summary the LED should mirror the way the incan bulb sat.

Re-assemble the reflector and put the head back on and...voila! You now have the same Minimag 2AAA with the same 9L output, but it uses the highest CRI LED available but now with much more durability and much more run time.

I would like to see how the different LED beam angles (65deg vs 45deg..or whatever) work with the reflector and if throw is altered if someone has both. I only have the 45deg.

Last edited:

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: