Z2 Combat Light

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The one I saw for sale had it, that's why I asked if that's a usual setup for these.
View attachment 25492
But to condense what you just said, it's basically a 6P with different body and grip.
That's the newest model the Z2. not a original incandescent.
The one I saw for sale had it, that's why I asked if that's a usual setup for these.
View attachment 25492
But to condense what you just said, it's basically a 6P with different body and grip.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
OK thank you for the explanation. So the C series is more of their premium line where the Z is just a P series with an extra option

Glad to help. The C2 is sort of like a military grade version with the heavier duty body and much tougher HA type III finish. The c2 is my favorite but it's worth having both.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know that I would characterize the C2 as the 'premium' version of the 6P and Z2. It's true that the latter two lights, sadly, never came out in a version with HA III anodizing. I think that supposedly the 6P, coming out first, was intended as a 'cop light', so the type II black anodizing was intended to visually match a cop's patent black leather duty belt and accoutrements. Someone on this forum years ago claimed that the wall thickness of the Z2 was actually thicker than the flat panel sections of the C2. Also, for a few years (and don't ask me to name those years), both the FBI and the Air Marshal service issued the Z2 to their armed agents.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been reading lots lately and figured I should finally join this great forum. While going through the junk bin of old equipment at work I came across a Surefire Z2 Combat Light. It was not working but was in mint like new condition.
Holy carp, guy - that is a spectacularly massive stroke of luck.

Glad you were able to give it a whole new life.

bridgman

Enlightened
Hah... I just finished converting my Z2 back to incandescent - replaced the 17670 and Malkoff M60F with an HO-9 and two AW RCR-123's. The LumenFactory HO-4 is actually pretty good with an old 17670 (early AW) and I have some 16650s coming in to try as well.

I ordered the Malkoff drop-in before they were making warm tint LED upgrades, and I actually ordered the flood version by accident, but I have been very happy with the M60F for a decade or so and will probably rotate it back in at some point.

AndyZy

Newly Enlightened
Gotta share my good luck with you folks who can appreciate it. Stopped in at our local Goodwill today and spotted this SureFire Z2. Wow! Remembered reading about SureFire here so checked out the forum. Cost me $1.99. Sometimes the sun shines right on you!

Attachments

• IMG_6564.JPG
    IMG_6564.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_6563.JPG
    IMG_6563.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 148

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Gotta share my good luck with you folks who can appreciate it. Stopped in at our local Goodwill today and spotted this SureFire Z2. Wow! Remembered reading about SureFire here so checked out the forum. Cost me $1.99. Sometimes the sun shines right on you!
That is a truly amazing score!
Unfortunately my writer's imagination is going wild about how that ended up at Goodwill. I really hope it wasn't a case of a flashaholic passing away, and his wife deciding to donate a bunch of his stuff, including that Z2 because she had no clue how much it was worth.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
It happens Mono.. I was at dumps unloading my keepsakes, and came home with more than I brought.
I found a collectors old motorcycle license plate collection. The plates were stored in cardboard shoe boxes. They were there for awhile, some plates were already burnt from landfill burns.
All in all I took home a treasure. Since CA DMV passed YOM Year of Manufacture, old bikes can be registered with original plate. They became very valuable to antique bike builders and collectors

Last edited:

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
Looks like electrical and mechanical rooms. All the places I used to use my cherished incans in as a younger soldier working on said equipment

FriedTubes

Newly Enlightened
I finally just found and older C2 that's in the mail right now, few days later stumbled across a like-new G3 Nitrolon. Now I gotta track down a Z2 and hand gene some hard earned money for more drop-ins.

soldonsurefire

Newly Enlightened
I finally just found and older C2 that's in the mail right now, few days later stumbled across a like-new G3 Nitrolon. Now I gotta track down a Z2 and hand gene some hard earned money for more drop-ins.
I like the C-2's as well.

I still own one that is NIB.I believe it was manufactured in 2009.

FriedTubes

Newly Enlightened
It appears to be in excellent condition.Good-on-ya.

These are the ones I own.
Nice! Mines in great condition aside from the probably impossible to find rubber grip-ring. I went ahead and ordered a replacement silicone one from lumens factory but no idea how it's gonna feel in comparison to the OEM one.

Mine is cracking underneath where the pocket clip interfaces with the body. It's holding for now, but only a matter of time.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
@FriedTubes, Give SF customer service a phone call.. In the past, they are happy to send out complimentary replacement grip rings.
In fact, they use to ask how many you want. Just don't be greedy, like some people can be.

Latest posts