Zebralight C3 4x18650, 9000 lumens!

markr6

Flashaholic
I see Nitecore just announced the TM10K. The rectangular design immediately caught my attention and I though of the C3. I hope Zebralight isn't deterred by this. It seems like a lot of marketing hype, and likely a parasitic drain monster as usual. And I don't want to sound vain, but a $400 flashlight shouldn't have "!!" on the side of it in big fat type. Very childish.

Come on Zebralight!! What yinz working on over there??

treejohnny

Newly Enlightened
There must be something 'not going on' at zebralight. Does anybody know if the R&D department is still working on any lights?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There must be something 'not going on' at zebralight. Does anybody know if the R&D department is still working on any lights?

Why's that? Don't they usually come out with new lights near the end of the year? There will probably be something new in the next few months.

But considering they upgraded most of their models last year, it's probably not time for MkV stuff yet.

markr6

Flashaholic
This is a complete guess, but I think they just go with the flow. No specific timeline, no specific goal in mind. They'll design some concepts, put some stuff up on the spreadsheet, but not release it for a year, 2 years, or at all. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it gets your hopes up. As for the Eco Series and the C3...who knows. I just want to see something on this C3.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I have smaller hopes from Zebralight... I just want the 0.01 lumen moonlight back and the old chrome screwed on clips. Just that.

tonkem

Enlightened
I had the 6330, but Zebralight never kept up with the lumens race. I caved and sold it, and got a Noctigon Meteor M43. IMHO a far superior light in build quality. I still have that light even though it is "only" 7000 lumens :)

JMC805

Newly Enlightened
I reached out to them and this was their reply.

"It's still being considered for production, but no specific (planned) dates yet."

There's still hope!

holygeez03

Enlightened
Just tape four SC600IV Plus together... more lumens, more versatile... available now.

koziy

Newly Enlightened
I'm having a really hard time visualizing this light, so I made a wooden model. Its made of 1/2" plywood scrap, which is slightly under 1/2" as most of you probably know. The overall thickness is really close to 0.9". Width and height were easy:

clxxFIB.jpg

HDRrmDa.jpg

5cvkVXF.jpg

GsGQGyB.jpg

Honestly, its better than I expected, if you round the corners a bit and "dress it up". And I like out-of-the-box thinking. So maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all -- if it can handle the heat. This would be much easier to pocket than something like a Meteor, for sure.

I should've done a comparison photo with my Meteor. I can do that later if anyone wants to see.

All it needs is a bit of white and black paint and it can be the most zebra of them all.