Zebralight delivery time

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened
I just received mine yesterday. My wife had ordered it as a Christmas present for me. Oh well. :) I'm not positive when she ordered it, but I believe it took at least a month to reach me in California. (From China, not Texas, obviously.)

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is some serious holiday back log. I received mine in California via non-EMS, on the following Tuesday after ordering it on a Thursday. This was back in October or November, though.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered 2 of H50 on Jan 6 afternoon and it arrived my office on Jan 9 morning:)

Alan

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Yippie!! Today I finally received a card saying I could pick up my lights at the Post Office tomorrow. That makes it almost exactly 6 weeks since ordering. Just what they said it could be. I wish they'd had the EMS shipping option when I ordered.

Geoff

shuter

Enlightened
Placed my Zebralight order on 1/6 and they show shipped on 1/8. So far so good. :)

Got mine today!! Placed order 1/6 and received 1/14. :grin2:

Last edited:

cat

Enlightened
I'm used to waiting 2 or 3 weeks to get from the USA.

From Hong Kong / Shanghai, I think it is slightly better, on average. And it costs less.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. After the six week wait I found both headlamps to be faulty. One only lights on the first two levels, and the other's lens has a chip in it, probably ruining its water resistance. That one seems to work okay. I'll really enjoy this light if I ever get a good one.

Don't know what the Zebralight people will do about it yet. They've been notified. I'm assuming they'll send a prepaid mailer, at the very least.

I guess delivery time can be highly variable.

Geoff

Edit: Got a reply from Zebralight. They're going to send me new lights straight away via EMS. Kudos to "Z", and especially Lillian of their Customer Service Dept.

Last edited:

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
that sucks.. I've had nothing but good luck with ordering from them

ordered last friday at about 8pm, got it today (they tried to deliver it yesterday)

arrived in cali tuesday, made it to ohio thursday.

impressive from china

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. After the six week wait I found both headlamps to be faulty. One only lights on the first two levels, and the other's lens has a chip in it, probably ruining its water resistance. That one seems to work okay. I'll really enjoy this light if I ever get a good one.

Don't know what the Zebralight people will do about it yet. They've been notified. I'm assuming they'll send a prepaid mailer, at the very least.

I guess delivery time can be highly variable.

Geoff

Edit: Got a reply from Zebralight. They're going to send me new lights straight away via EMS. Kudos to "Z", and especially Lillian of their Customer Service Dept.

I have that so called luck as well. :sick2:
Thanks for the update. This makes me feel a lot better about ordering one. I know I'll break down and get one soon.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
All's well that ends well. Got my replacement lights a few minutes ago. Thank goodness I was home to sign for them, or I'd be waiting until Tuesday. It only took six days.

The two lights are perfect. Switching and finish are great. One has slightly darker anodizing than the others I've seen. Can't wait for darkness to fall. I've been pondering different hood/filter ideas since I ordered these puppies.

Kudos, again, to the folks at ZebraLight for solving the problems in a big hurry.

Geoff

clg0159

Enlightened
How long is considered a long hold-up in U.S. customs. I have tracked my H50 there and now I am waiting for the customs agents to do their job! Agonizing when you just can't wait!
Anyone know what I should expect?

mike2g

Newly Enlightened
All's well that ends well. Got my replacement lights a few minutes ago. Thank goodness I was home to sign for them, or I'd be waiting until Tuesday. It only took six days.

The two lights are perfect. Switching and finish are great. One has slightly darker anodizing than the others I've seen. Can't wait for darkness to fall. I've been pondering different hood/filter ideas since I ordered these puppies.

Kudos, again, to the folks at ZebraLight for solving the problems in a big hurry.

Geoff

It's good to hear that your replacement went well. I ordered mine on 1/16 and received it on 1/22 (EMS is great). Unfortunately the light only was able to produce only one level of light so I'm sending it back for replacement. Lillian told me that "We will send the replacement to you soon." I'm not sure if that means put in the regular mail soon or send via EMS again. Otherwise my purchase on the 1/16 will likely take over 1 month to receive. Based on all the reviews though, I'm looking forward to receiving this light. Again.

mike2g

Newly Enlightened
How long is considered a long hold-up in U.S. customs. I have tracked my H50 there and now I am waiting for the customs agents to do their job! Agonizing when you just can't wait!
Anyone know what I should expect?

My H50 was in and out of customs the same day. (5 hours between airport arrival and exit from customs) I've had the same experience with another large DX order.

mike2g

Newly Enlightened

Geoff

Geoff, did Zebralight pay for the return shipping? I just payed $4.50 to have my H50 sent back because it worked only dimly, didn't change modes and was discharging my batteries overnight; I understand you had a less than perfect experience and was wondering how far Zebralight went to make things right. Btw I'm glad your replacements arrived in good condition and work as described.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I had to pay for the return shipping. It was only about $1.80. I was told to not send anything but the defective lights, no straps or accessories. And they sent back only lights.

I kind of expected them to send a mailer. Instead, one email said they would send me two Q5 models. I figured I was being upgraded for my trouble, so not getting a mailer was okay. Then the next email said two P4's had been sent. So, at this point I'm not sure which model I have. There was no packaging with the replacement light. But they work great, and I'm happy.

I hope they get you straightened out soon.

Geoff

mike2g

Newly Enlightened
I had to pay for the return shipping. It was only about $1.80. I was told to not send anything but the defective lights, no straps or accessories. And they sent back only lights.

I kind of expected them to send a mailer. Instead, one email said they would send me two Q5 models. I figured I was being upgraded for my trouble, so not getting a mailer was okay. Then the next email said two P4's had been sent. So, at this point I'm not sure which model I have. There was no packaging with the replacement light. But they work great, and I'm happy.

I hope they get you straightened out soon.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff for your input and fast reply, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Edit (2-4-08): Zebralight has offered to reimburse me for my return shipping upon receipt of my defective light, presumably because the light which they sent me was immediately defective (sx: draining batteries, short circuit?) Awaiting a new light by regular mail, ETA 3 weeks.

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered 01:44:17 Jan 24, 2008 PST and EMS shipped the same day. Should take five days, or less from HK to Los Angeles. We shall see :whistle: ...