Zebralight SC32 & SC32w are on their way...

markr6

Flashaholic
Zebralight site says "On Backorder" for these now...damn. Are any dealers going to carry?

I've seen some dealers list it as "on backorder". The quickest delivery probably depends if they are in route to the vendor, or if ZL is still trying to fulfill their direct orders.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight site says "On Backorder" for these now...damn. Are any dealers going to carry?
I'm pretty confident dealers will carry it. There's usually a short lag between when the initial preorders ship from Zebralight and when they get it in stock again and stores start selling it. Figure within maybe a month, many online stores should have it.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Zebralight SC32 & SC32w are on their way...

Yep, thicker. Tail caps are interchangeable.
4f69a6c58c2935f6c56d0fde2d1ccaa6.jpg

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just received my SC32W. I've been a fan of Zebralights for a number of years (not as long as some of you, but still quite a while.) In fact, I tortured an SC31 back in 2011 HERE.

I keep headlamps (H31W and H502d High CRI Daylight tint AA Flood) and 2 AA lights (SC52, SC52NW L2). With all the buying and selling through the years, it seems that the small Zebralights stay put...although they are sort of "stepchildren" and don't get used very often.

Then this little guy shows up and really just blows me away.

I was telling my buddy Greg (scout24) about it, and the phrase that came to mind was "annoyingly good." I've been comparing the SC32W to some WELL-RESPECTED lights that cost 4-5 times more, and if we are honest, the UI, beam, tint, levels, etc., compete with just about anything. And now this little bugger is SO SMALL - barely can tell it's in my pocket.

Great little light. We'll see how it holds up. No doubt those pricier lights I mentioned have customer service that Zebralight can't compete with, but you could buy 4 or 5 and have backups should a ZL break.

Thacker

Newly Enlightened

Less than thrilled...

The one thing that I expected to be a potential problem wasn't. I was worried about how this little stubby light would feel in the hand. It's great.

This is my sixth Zebralight. I've never run into the tint issues that some complain about. No physical or mechanical issues with any of them. Maybe a slight hint of green or yellow when compared to each other, but very pleased with each individually. My edc is the warmer (maybe) of two sc52w l2s that has a small imperfection on the edge of the reflector. No big deal. Have tried too many other lights, but keep going back to it. It's twin just doesn't feel the same. Maybe the switch is softer or something on one. Maybe it's the difference in color (different shades of grey). The tint and beams look identical unless compared side by side. Anyway...

Received my sc32w. Felt great in the hand. Clip is solid. No physical imperfections. None that bother me anyway. Then I attempted to unscrew the tailcap. It's kind of stuck. Took way too much force to unscrew. Get it off and and it isn't real pretty above the top thread. Result of grinding? Chipping around the tube edge. Not as rough to touch as some lights I've bought, but I've never had a zebralight like this. Just not a real good fit. It happens. Gets real tight when trying to screw the cap back on about halfway down the threads and then "slips" and gets tight again. Threads looked reasonably clean, but bare aluminum on thread edges. Played with this enough to realize it's something above my pay grade to diagnose and fix. Cleaning threads didn't help. I guess I could take the cap off and on until the issue is worn away, but no. Tint is pinkish. Not anoying, but the warmest tint I've gotten from zebralight. Artifact in beam too. Large enough to be very annoying at this point. Doesn't really matter in real world use, but knowing it's there bugs me. If this was the only issue, I'd keep the light and eventually not care. Seems like a bigger deal only because of the cap issue. It's back in the box and waiting to be returned. My luck ran out. I've returned lights from every other brand I've owned. Buy enough of these things and... Yes, I will be getting the light replaced. Sorry for the rambling and incomplete thoughts. Scotch... neat.

Ray-o-light

Newly Enlightened

Just got mine and it's perfect. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Less than thrilled...

..... Buy enough of these things and... Yes, I will be getting the light replaced. Sorry for the rambling and incomplete thoughts. Scotch... neat.

Unfortunate - and after the long wait for these, a bummer for sure. I am sorry for your disappointing circumstance, but you, sir, have a great attitude. And you are correct, it will happen eventually.

Maybe as a word of encouragement, my SC32W has NONE of the issues that you experienced. Tail cap is smooth, beam is smooth with no artifacts, tint is VERY good - actually very close to my favorite, the Nichia 219B, only just a bit warmer.

I hope Zebralight is following this thread and will take care of your issue quickly. Good luck!

Thacker

Newly Enlightened

Good to know and I'm sure they'll do me right. Good company. Was kind of disappointed. New models always carry a little extra anticipation. No doubt I will end up liking the replacement for this little booger. Too many things going for it. I had to take it back out after posting last night just to be sure it needed to go back. Yup. Not a reflection on zebralight per se. Production processes aren't perfect. A certain percentage of each batch will have defects and will need to be repaired or replaced. This is true of every product, from every company, in every industry. Sure it sucks when it's me, but this is a reputable company. My replacement may not magically appear in a few days, but they have a policy and process in place to take care of these things. If my complaint or claim is legit, they'll replace it. Not worried about it.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, dang it! Looks like another light I "need". :)

Question for anyone that has one of these new lights from someone that has never owned a Zebralight. Could a small disc magnet be glued in the tailcap under the contact spring? The reason I ask is my current EDC is an Olight S10-L2 (prior to that, an original S10) and one of my favorite, almost must have features, is the magnet in the tailcap- I use that feature nearly every time I use the light, mostly at work.

Edit:

Just ordered a SC32w even though they are still on BO. I WILL find a way to add a magnet to the tailcap (already have some ideas) to make it my new EDC. [emoji2] [emoji363]

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC32 & SC32w are on their way...

Received mine from ZL. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Perfect finish, well spaced levels. Perfect centered led. Great feel. The 32W tint is the icing on the cake. Is just beautiful. Ill likely sell my SC52 regular tint now to get the warm tint 52W. Small is the standard. This thing is as small as a pack of gum, give or take. Most jeans have a small pocket in the right front side, is so small it may fit in there. For me this is THE 2015 flashlight of the YEAR.

Last edited:

Bad_JuJu

Newly Enlightened

Well, dang it! Looks like another light I "need". :)

Question for anyone that has one of these new lights from someone that has never owned a Zebralight. Could a small disc magnet be glued in the tailcap under the contact spring? The reason I ask is my current EDC is an Olight S10-L2 (prior to that, an original S10) and one of my favorite, almost must have features, is the magnet in the tailcap- I use that feature nearly every time I use the light, mostly at work.

Edit:

Just ordered a SC32w even though they are still on BO. I WILL find a way to add a magnet to the tailcap (already have some ideas) to make it my new EDC. [emoji2] [emoji363]

I use a h32w for work and I wanted the tail cap magnet also. I ended up gluing a washer like magnet on the bottom of the cap on the outside and I found a tiny rare earth magnet that fit perfectly on the clip so that it isn't in the way. It is even more useful this way than I could have imagined.

bltkmt

Enlightened

I just ordered one because of you guys. Who should I send the invoice to? :D

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't blame me! :eek:

Still lovin mine. Partially because I have carried the SC31w on me for 2-3 yrs. It fit my needs perfectly.
The 32w is even better.

One thing is they added a spring on the pos+ end. It aids in battery connectivity/stability. I would frequently set the 31w down in the tailstand position on M1 mode for temp room lighting. If I wasn't careful, it would jar the battery a bit and cause the 31w to jump to high mode. I can't even make the 32w do that. Yay..

It's brighter than I need it to be but it'll come in handy sometime when that's all I've got with me.

Great little light!

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't blame me! :eek:

Still lovin mine. Partially because I have carried the SC31w on me for 2-3 yrs. It fit my needs perfectly.
The 32w is even better.

One thing is they added the tailcap spring. It aids in battery connectivity/stability. I would frequently set the 31w down in the tailstand position on M1 mode for temp room lighting. If I wasn't careful, it would jar the battery a bit and cause the 31w to jump to high mode. I can't even make the 32w do that. Yay..

It's brighter than I need it to be but it'll come in handy sometime when that's all I've got with me.

Great little light!
I'm blaming you. :D

kj2

Flashaholic
Anyone having past experience with ZL familiar with their typical backorder wait times? I'm not a very patient person. [emoji20]

I contacted them yesterday about the SC32 back order. Said, if I'm in the US, typically 5-10 business days.