Zebralight SC32 & SC32w are on their way...

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me the only advantage the S1 has is the magnet in the tail and available in different metals. The ZL overall is by far superior, just wish they would offer a titanium light.
Or you could do what I did and just add a magnet.

e9e33e8eeddd5a32cc5a766b92b68d8a.jpg

I've recently retired my SC32w as my EDC and carry the SC62w since most of my other lights are 18650 based, (now I'll have a spare 18650 in my pocket that will work for most of my lights).

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or you could do what I did and just add a magnet.

e9e33e8eeddd5a32cc5a766b92b68d8a.jpg

I've recently retired my SC32w as my EDC and carry the SC62w since most of my other lights are 18650 based, (now I'll have a spare 18650 in my pocket that will work for most of my lights).

Nice!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Zebralight SC32 & SC32w are on their way...

Thanks for the pics, very helpful
the Olight weighs 25% less than the Zebra, from the specs
Ive read some Zebras use PWM and make a humming noise. Does Olight use PWM, does it hum?

Zebralight used PWM several years ago but hasn't in awhile. All of their lights PWM-free now and are completely silent. They did have an issue with some of the drivers initially for the SC5fd/c batches having a humming noise (boost circuit) but it has been resolved. I'm not sure on olight but I don't think their lights use it either. I have the S10 baton and SC32w. The Olight is just a backup light while my ZL gets plenty of use. More customization output levels and NW tint are the two big winners for me.

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened

I've been considering getting a SC32 or SC32w. I heard in the past that it the tint of the Neutral White Zebralights was hit & miss. Is that no longer a problem?

Also, can you recommend a good Zebralight dealer in the USA?

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been considering getting a SC32 or SC32w. I heard in the past that it the tint of the Neutral White Zebralights was hit & miss. Is that no longer a problem?

The tint on my SC32w is great. I always buy direct from Zebralight's website because I haven't found a better deal anywhere else- that and it's free shipping as well as they are in Texas and shipping time is short to Kansas.

recDNA

Flashaholic

I have the sc32w. It has a nice tint but the current draw on a primary in highest mode is over 2 amps and gets hot really fast so I exclusively use rcr123. It draws less the 1.5 amps with li ion.

I originally bought it to use with primary and really wanted to but I don't like to run a primary at more than 1.5 amps. Of course I can just use H2 all the time with primary but what fun is that?

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

Much better now. Very few reports of tint issues now whereas a few years ago it was a common issue. I typically buy direct from ZL as well through PayPal.

recDNA

Flashaholic
yes, I'm also interested in ^ this.

any rec's of optimal 16340(s) for use in the SC32/32W would be appreciated.

AW IMR 16340 works well for me but I think the AW protected rcr123 would be fine as well. eFest imr 16340 works but I would recommend AW over efest.

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
I just lost my Olight S10r, and I'm considering switching to the SC32, which I hope will be better than the S10r in 2 ways:

I hope the button is better, they went too far with preventing accidental activation on the S10r IMO, and it's really hard to even find the button to turn the thing on. I'm hoping for something in between the SC30 that I have and the S10r. Do you have to loosen the tailcap on the SC32 when it's in your pocket?

I hope the SC32 has a lower low. The S10r is still too bright when I'm checking on the kids at night, I have to cover part of the lens to cut down on the light :(

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just lost my Olight S10r, and I'm considering switching to the SC32, which I hope will be better than the S10r in 2 ways:

I hope the button is better, they went too far with preventing accidental activation on the S10r IMO, and it's really hard to even find the button to turn the thing on. I'm hoping for something in between the SC30 that I have and the S10r. Do you have to loosen the tailcap on the SC32 when it's in your pocket?

I hope the SC32 has a lower low. The S10r is still too bright when I'm checking on the kids at night, I have to cover part of the lens to cut down on the light :(
I have the SC32w and prior to that had the original S10 and then the S10 L2. I had several accidental switch activations on the S10L2 which is why I retired it as my EDC and went with the SC32w. I carried the SC32w for several months (8 or 9 I think) without one single accidental activation because the switch design is perfect, in my opinion. It's recessed and super easy to find without ever even looking.

The lowest low on the SC32w is way lower than on the S10 which is another reason I no longer carry the S10- way more brightness levels to choose from because of the UI. With the S10, the user is stuck with whatever levels Olight decided to put in it. Zebralight allows the user to choose what the sublevels are to their personal preference.

I recently changed to the SC62w since most of my other lights are 18650 based and now carry a spare 18650 in my pocket as opposed to the spare 16340 I used to carry.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me what the hole spacing is for the clip screws? I'm kinda wondering if I could mod a spare Malkoff MDC clip onto one of these. Thanks!

geokite

Newly Enlightened

Zebralight used PWM several years ago but hasn't in awhile. All of their lights PWM-free now...

I can only find references to current controlled on the AA powered lights; the 16340 and 18650 powered lights do not have the description of current controlled light levels.

Steve

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info. I think I can make it work if I decide to get one.
If you do it be sure to say how and show us a picture. A deep pocket sc32w would be nice. Heck, a deep pocket sc62w would be nice!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can only find references to current controlled on the AA powered lights; the 16340 and 18650 powered lights do not have the description of current controlled light levels.

very helpful, thanks

This review says Zebralight SC5 has PWM (controversial) selfbuilt says it has noPwm

part of the PWM detection controversy is semantics. Some systems use a sort of hybrid PWM plus minimum current control, eg Eagletac, and Zebralight, use pulses that dont drop all the way to zero, imo they are still pulses.. others disagree, because the strict definition of PWM is that it pulses on and then all the way off. More info on what lights use PWM in my sig links.

Last edited:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do it be sure to say how and show us a picture. A deep pocket sc32w would be nice. Heck, a deep pocket sc62w would be nice!

Won't be anytime soon I'm afraid. I spent all my fun money on a custom SAK instead. Hopefully I can pick one of these up here in a few months though. I basically plan to flatten the mounting area of the MDC clip then drill holes right next to the existing holes. Then use a dremel to connect the 2 holes, basically making a oval which should get the 7mm center to center I need. From there just trim off the extra length of the mounting area and bolt it up. Easy! :) Actually I have seen the same style clips modded onto SAK knives where the mounting area is already flat. Probably be just as easy to source one of those then get the holes drilled.

THESE

Last edited: