Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

[size=5]Are you looking into :thinking: buying the Zebralight [b]SC52[/b]?[/size]

• [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i pre-ordered it! :nana:[/size]

Votes: 74 17.7%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i ordered it. :grin2:[/size]

Votes: 114 27.3%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i [i]am[/i] going to order it sooner or later. Count me in yet! :santa:[/size]

Votes: 140 33.5%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but i am not too sure about it, neither now nor in future. :shrug:[/size]

Votes: 62 14.8%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but most likely it's [b]not[/b] gonna happen for some reason. :sigh:[/size]

Votes: 28 6.7%

• Total voters

g.p.

Enlightened
+1

Plus the photo is much larger than 1:1 scale. Any error is going to be magnified and look worse than it is. Most of my flashlights (not just ZL) are less than perfect, but all of the beams look just fine.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is well centered, it took over a month to get here. The third low mode is pretty awesome. I've only used it with an eneloop so far.

nanucq

Newly Enlightened
Mine is well centered, it took over a month to get here. The third low mode is pretty awesome. I've only used it with an eneloop so far.
+1 , well centered, superb beam and no rings, no green. Except for the 0.01 lm mode, i prefer 0.06, more "usable" and lower than my SC600 0.1 :p

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
Re: Zebralight SC52

Can anyone comment as to which brand of 14500 batteries they have found work well with this light? Thanks

nanucq

Newly Enlightened

SC52 works well vith AW 14500, no fitting problem (can handle wider and longer 14500)

g.p.

Enlightened

AW is the brand.

I ordered the Zebralight 14500s for mine. I hope they fit!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got my 4 ZL batteries in the other day,now all I need is the SC52!

henry1960

Enlightened

I got my 4 ZL batteries in the other day,now all I need is the SC52!

I have had mine for two weeks or so and ordered another from GG which should be in today, but as a rule i never buy two of the same lights but with this one i could not resist!!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can see that mine is in town too but I can't be sure I will get it before Monday?
So close yet so far!

bluemax_1

Enlightened

Thanks.....any recommendations on a brand?

I tested the ZL 840mAh 14500 against an AW 750mAh 14500 and yes, I did see a roughly 12-15% increase in runtimes, so the ZL 14500 is worth it. Pity they designed them as flat tops though, because they don't work reliably in my Quark QPA-G2.

Max

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good timing...it looks like GG sold their entire 30+(?) shipment in just 3 days.

i am no owner yet so i am posting in this thread ;)
the above quote is correct, i called GG and they confirmed that they sold their entire batch (30pcs) within the few days. they had ordered more but ZL did a partial fulfillment. ZL seems to ration their factory produce. if they produce 100pcs and there are 4 dealers who ordered 120pcs each (=4x 120 = a demand of 480), then every dealer gets maybe 25 (25x4 = 100) in the first shipment. And the missing 95pcs next time.

with xmas and such a seemingly(!) high demand, getting a SC52 is like getting a limited edition lol. much more limited than the Fenix PD32UE. i know places around the globe who have stock of the PD32UE but there is only that French store which stocks the SC52.

Climb14er

Enlightened
i canceled my order and am

buying now the Eagletac D25A 2013 Titanium Edition instead.

Now regulated on 14500's (no more direct drive!) and has XP-G2 emitter. Everything in a beautiful Titanium 1xAA package!

ZL, see you in anotha life brotha! :wave:

I received my EagleTac D25A Clicky Ti 2013 light and can say... this is one beautiful light! It's super lightweight, very slim and the light UI functions perfectly. The lightbeam is absolutely perfect, the amount of lumens are more than enough for me using Eneloops. The D25A simply is IMHO, a great'gentleman's pocket light', an ideal backup light for me in my mountaineering climbing pack as it's so light and small, and a light that is totally bright and functional especially for its size.

The SC52 is probably going to arrive today or tomorrow and with both of these small AA lights, they are the perfect accompaniment to my SC600 and Triton M30 18650 lights.

I'll EDC the small AA lights when I need something small but my regular EDC will still be the SC600 as it's 'the bomb' when it comes to lighting things up well. The M30 is my bedside light that resides next to my Sig P220 .45ACP and spare mag.

The EagleTac is a really cool and super bright AA light!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my EagleTac D25A Clicky Ti 2013 light and can say... this is one beautiful light! It's super lightweight, very slim and the light UI functions perfectly. The lightbeam is absolutely perfect, the amount of lumens are more than enough for me using Eneloops. The D25A simply is IMHO, a great'gentleman's pocket light', an ideal backup light for me in my mountaineering climbing pack as it's so light and small, and a light that is totally bright and functional especially for its size.

The SC52 is probably going to arrive today or tomorrow and with both of these small AA lights, they are the perfect accompaniment to my SC600 and Triton M30 18650 lights.

I'll EDC the small AA lights when I need something small but my regular EDC will still be the SC600 as it's 'the bomb' when it comes to lighting things up well. The M30 is my bedside light that resides next to my Sig P220 .45ACP and spare mag.

The EagleTac is a really cool and super bright AA light!

Where'd you buy the 2013 edition D25a? Feel free to PM me.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have had mine for two weeks or so and ordered another from GG which should be in today, but as a rule i never buy two of the same lights but with this one i could not resist!!

Me too! First time I've ever bought 2 of the same light. Though I plan to give away the second one as a Christmas gift.