Zebralight SC60

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just got a email from Zebralight that my SC60 has shipped, anyone else who has per-ordered the SC60 did you get the shipping info as well? I was not expecting it until the end of the month. :)

Please be sure to tell us your impressions of it after it arrives.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

I wish ZebraLight would post a Beamshot

It's important for PR

OneSize ........ does not fit ALL

~

Why does ZebraLight NOT interact in this thread about their newest Light ?

~

Last edited:

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a email from Zebralight that my SC60 has shipped, anyone else who has per-ordered the SC60 did you get the shipping info as well? I was not expecting it until the end of the month. :)

Lucky you. I just checked my account and the order is still under process.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. I love my little sc30 that I got here on a trade :)

I may have to have one. I like the side/front button/clicky

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok just got in from outside and the SC60 is awesome. If your familiar with the H31 beam this is the same except brighter. The hotspot is massive and the spill is very wide and bright, my tint is white to cool white overall very good.

Even though it is bigger than the SC50 I think it is just the perfect size to use as intended with you fingers wrapped underneath the light while your thumb does the on/off UI. IMO it is perfect for EDC I like the SC50 but always feel it's weight and size is a little underwhelming.

One thing to note is a slight improvement on the UI this is the first ZL I own that will memorize the high mode. High1 or High2 you can memorize it :)

I have been carrying around my HDS 170T and nothing lately has seemed pleasing but the SC60 sure put a smile on my face when I took it outside. For all you 18650 fans this is a good one and like I thought it might be this is a light you can use to make a excuse for getting a couple 18650's and a charger if you have been on the fence about Li-Ion or 18650 size.

Just for reference I did ceiling bounce test with the SC60 and PD30 R4 and the SC60 was indeed slightly brighter.It comes close to my P20C2 MKII, not an easy task for a stock light with 2hr runtime :)

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

jhc ,

Thanks very much for the quick report !

I'm glad it does not have a Green tint .

Good improvement on the Hi memory .

I plan to get one soon - was waiting on some reports .

Thanks ....... TMG:thumbsup:

~

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

jhc ,

Thanks very much for the quick report !

I'm glad it does not have a Green tint .

Good improvement on the Hi memory .

I plan to get one soon - was waiting on some reports .

Thanks ....... TMG:thumbsup:

~

I wish I had a camera here I could take some pics for you all and I'm not sure how or why I got my SC60 and H51 early ZL just said they got a small batch in. TMG yes I'm glad to report my model has no green what so ever, not even a hint of it. The H51 also has the improved UI where the high mode can now be memorized and also both have perfect matching ano, the tailcap is not darker than the body.

I'll have to admit the SC60 is by far my best single cell 18650 EDC light, before the SC60 the only 18650 light I have that I consider EDC'able is the MG Mini II. Again I am very impressed with the bright wide spill and wide hotspot, I think it's great for a EDC or camping light and I've already put it to good use chasing off some raccoons from my property and navigating my forested area was fun and easy it seems it will make a great hiking light as well.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbs I just got my sc60 today and i am going outside now to try it out. looks to be a keeper in my edc rotation. I love the level separation.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spent some really solid time withe the SC60 tonight and have decided this is one of my more satisfying purchases of the year right up there with my Ra and H51 and Jet-I Pro.

I see now why so many members love the "wall of light" beams. That is how I would describe the SC60 beam. I'm not sure how it satisfies my eyes and brain I usually do not like wide spill outside because it distracts me and I lose a little focus on what's in front, I'm not sure how else to explain that but I'm sure some of you know what I'm saying. On the flip side I don't like very narrow patters either that give a tunnel vision. Somewhere around the PD30 size spill has always felt about right.

Anyway sorry about the rambling but for some reason the wide spill on the SC60 is rather soothing and does not irritate me like really wide spill usually does. I can't come up with any reason on this maybe it has to do with how well the hotspot melts into the spill and how smooth the beam is, I think it may also have something to do with the tint which is really nice so maybe I found the exact tint my eyes prefer. I don't know I'm grasping but I am really interested in hearing what others think when they get their SC60 and see if they feel similar.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbs I just got my sc60 today and i am going outside now to try it out. looks to be a keeper in my edc rotation. I love the level separation.

Hey blackbalsam have you had time to try out your SC60? It my sound good to be only one of a couple members to have such a nice light first but actually I feel pretty lonely, I can't wait for the rest of you guys to get yours as well your in for quiet a special treat. I did not think I would ever carry anything but my HDS 170 in my pocket but honestly I dare to say I have been carrying the SC60 instead and I'm pretty certain I will continue to. To put a bit of perspective on it with battery's in both the SC60 and HDS 170T appear nearly identical in weight and the SC60 is only ~.25" longer and no wider. I know how solid built my HDS is and I trust it more than anything I own but I have also used Zebralight's long enough to know they are built pretty good themselves and will survive anything I will be putting it through, so the reliability factor is negligible.

So with those factors being considered the reason I'm choosing to carry the SC60 over my beloved HDS is the awesome beam which is wonderful for EDC (it reminds me of some of the custom wall of light beams I've seen) and also the very high output along with the ZL UI and the runtime of the 18650 battery. It's pretty cool knowing my main truly pocket-able EDC work horse is powered by a rechargeable 18650.

It has been a nice a scary surprise that something could actually knock off my HDS as my go to pocket light, very surprising. Again I hope the rest of you begin to get yours in the mailbox as well.

kinkbmxco

Newly Enlightened
Can one of the owners comment on the lights throw capabilities? I currently own a 501 headlamp which I do enjoy very much. When I go camping I take my 501 along with my Romisen RC G2. Would the SC60 fall somewhere in the middle in terms of throw in comparison to those 2 lights? thanks!