Zebralight SC600 (1x18650, XM-L) Review: RUNTIME, BEAMSHOTS, comparisons & more!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Re: Zebralight SC600 (1x18650, XM-L) Review: RUNTIME, BEAMSHOTS, comparisons & more!

I would be interested in this little SC600 and I have only one question: how can I differentiate the version of the SC600? I would be interested in buying on ebay but the version is not mentionned (MKI, MKII, etc.).
I haven't seen the design of the MKII yet, so I don't know how it will be differentiated from the original SC600. Zebralight plans to send me one for review, when its ready.

Last edited:

blackFFM

Newly Enlightened
Re: Zebralight SC600 (1x18650, XM-L) Review: RUNTIME, BEAMSHOTS, comparisons & more!

I would be interested in this little SC600 and I have only one question: how can I differentiate the version of the SC600? I would be interested in buying on ebay but the version is not mentionned (MKI, MKII, etc.).

MKII isn't available yet, that's the reason why it's not mentioned on ebay. So everything you see at the moment is MKI. MKI has 750 lm output and the new version around 900 lm. I'm pretty sure when MKII hits the market it's easy to see which is which.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Hello all,

I am more of a lurker but I really enjoy ths incredible forum.
It actually made me buy a Sunwayman V20C that I really like.

Go to the CPF Marketplace, and follow the threads on it there from the sellers. There's an excellent chance that it will be offered at an introductory discount over there.

member 6142

Newly Enlightened

Selfbuilt, great review ! Thanks.
I bought two of this magnificent tiny yet powerful flashlight, one for me and one to be gifted, both with an XM-L U2. As a matter of facts, tint-wise, I always cross-check my flashlights against my HDS Ultimate 60 XRGT ;)
Both of them (bought from different sources) are prone to a very slight yellowish bias at levels other than Max, which is itself below the pure white realm set by XRGT. My understanding is that my samples are in the <6000K tag (when at max).

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

i was going to get some batteries for the new MkII but was advised to wait what the tube measurements are in case of non fit.
any idea what the measurements are likely to be?.
what do most use for cells in Zebralight SC's ?.
i was going to get some AW's but so much out there, and maybe better,..according to reviewer HKJ.
thanks

BWX

Enlightened

Most of my Xtar 3100 mah (Panasonic) 18650 batts work fine, one is a little snug.

citrus

Newly Enlightened

Another excellent review. Thanks!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thread necromancy: I like to get a new light each fall. Instead I am getting a new battery for my SC600 mk1. Great light in all versions.

Ladd

Enlightened

Good Decision! Keep those old(ish) lights lit............

BWX

Enlightened

UPDATE:
Still using SC600 MKI B U2 as EDC.

akhyar

Enlightened

Still using the SC600 mkI, no longer as EDC but more as bedside table light as the 0.1lumen output is very useful

oKtosiTe

Enlightened

Has anyone done a beamshot comparison between the SC600 III and the SC600w HI? I'm considering getting the HI (already own the regular), but am just wondering if it will be worth it for my purposes. I looked around for a while, but couldn't find anything.

Edit: Whoops! Wrong thread. Oh well, an answer is still very welcome.

Last edited:

Latest posts