ZebraLight SC600 MkII

BWX

Enlightened
Re: ZebraLight SC600 MkII *with PICS*

can anyone tell me whats so great about this light ?

It's my EDC for years (SC600 MK1B), that's what.

New one? Better in most ways but one. They screwed up the interface. 3 clicks to STROBE. Not 3 clicks to low. So new one? Not great, could have been great. Brand new one doesn't use protected cells so it can be a mm shorter or whatever, so that's not great. Last one that used interface that could go 3 clicks to low was great, and is great still.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ZebraLight SC600 MkII *with PICS*

can anyone tell me whats so great about this light ?

At this point I would be looking at the threads covering the MkIII, not the MkII. There's tons of threads on the forum which cover all aspects, good and bad, about this light.

One of the key pro aspects of this light is that it's one of the smallest 18650 available and has amazing thermal controls and long (as in months) low level runtime.

It can be a bit of a floody light which is good and bad depending on the situation. If you desire a bit more throw check out the MkIII HI version.

Cessquill

Newly Enlightened
Hi - stupid question alert, but I couldn't find anything in the search.I accidentally smashed the lens on mine and have a replacement coming. Is it an easy job to fix? Everything else still works fine.

Romo Lampkin's Cat

Newly Enlightened
I'm pleased to report four years of EDC with my SC600 MkII. I'm still using the original pair of Panasonic 18650's I purchased with the light. I lost the clip on the light so I purchased two more.

A previous question was "What's so great about this light?" Yes.

You know those flashlight fantasies where there's a power outage and the light cannon in your pocket saves the day? I had that experience in March at a spelling bee. There were 67 fifth through eighth graders in an interior ball room in a large building on a small Midwestern college campus. On the other side of the room was about 200 of their family and friends, including me. About 20 minutes into the bee, the entire room plunged into total darkness. About two seconds later the lights flashed one time and the room went dark again. Then a generator on the roof started and the exit signs lit up, but the lights in the room did not illuminate, obviously not being on the emergency circuits.

As the room buzzed, a few small lights pierced the darkness as people used the LEDs on their phones. A few seconds later I pulled my SC600 out of my pocket, aimed it at the ceiling, and turned it on high (500 lumens). The reaction was instantaneous. The adults on my side of the room exclaimed loudly and the kids on the other side of the room all started to laugh. I heard my 11-year-old son yell something like "My dad just got out his light saber!" The bee resumed in the darkness as the judges used cell phone lights, and I stood the SC600 on its tail on the empty chair next to me and it illuminated the peanut gallery's side of the room for the next 40 minutes or so until power was restored. It got uncomfortably hot to the touch but didn't miss a beat, and the on-board power meter suggested that I had only drained about 1/4 of the power reserves. The light off the ceiling was so bright that the woman sitting immediately to my left was knitting, and the man immediately to my right was reading a book.

The only thing I don't love about my SC600 MkII is the puke-green tint. If I ever have to or choose to replace the light, it will probably be with another SC600 but with neutral tint. A friend took delivery of an MH20 about two weeks ago and it's a fantastic light, but I'd go straight for another SC600.

Bluebloa

Newly Enlightened
Could you tell me, pls. I cant Pm you! Thank you very much!
hahahaha! the other day i was reflowing i actually had to bring out the PDF just to make sure. the dot is the negative :D

so you took out the MCPCB? stupid question: no components under the MCPCB?

btw you really didn't have to break the glass :D PM me for more info. zebra will kill me if i told everyone how to do it

29kryn6.jpg

ak9wl4.jpg

Could

Latest posts