ZebraLight SC600

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do Sc60 come with headbands? I have an older one on the way, if I can fit the sc600 and the sc60 on one headband, that'd be pigpen for the Hardhat ;)

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too would love a pocket clip on this light, but as mentioned above, there are a couple of likely places on the light for an after market clip. I'm sure some enterprising individual will develop a clip :devil:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
One of the things I don't like about ZL is they are the funny looking.
The SC600 is beautiful. I hope they give the other models a makeover like this.

yowzer

Enlightened
One of the things I don't like about ZL is they are the funny looking.
The SC600 is beautiful. I hope they give the other models a makeover like this.

Heh. I'm disappointed that they didn't go with the same styling as their other flashlights, and hope this one's design isn't a sign of the future.

fnsooner

Enlightened
This is the flashlight I have been waiting for. I wonder if I can hold out for the neutral version?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, an 18650 sized light doesn't need a clip though there's a place in my heart for those that do ;)
I find clip lights end up being used at work. My wish for the Sc600 is that it's hardhat mountable :D

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Now that's a light - bright and only slightly over 4" long. I normally wait for neutral but I'm going to order right away to try this one.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
... there are two channels to attach one (reversible?). Pure speculation, but I am pretty sure there will be a clip.

I too would love a pocket clip on this light, but as mentioned above, there are a couple of likely places on the light for an after market clip.

To expand a bit on what I alluded to earlier; I don't believe ZL would have designed the two grooves in the light body for no apparent reason. The only logical explanation is for clip attachment. Please allow me to illustrate what is pure speculation on my part:

sc600clippoints1.jpg

To my knowledge, in terms of design strength (i.e. clip inadvertently detaching), there has not been any negative views of the current H51 clip (below on the left). On the right is my interpretation of what I'd like to see ZL utilize for the H51 series clip. This design would allow reversibility. (I posted this idea earlier in the headlamp forum. My apologies - I'm not a graphic artist).

h51clipconcept.jpg

Perhaps this is what ZL has in mind in the near future for the SC600? Remember, they didn't say there wasn't going to be a clip, but that there may be one at a future unknown date. Combining this statement with the inherent design groove(s), I still think a clip is likely. Perhaps even a robust detachable/reversible version... everyone wins!

:thumbsup:- Jas.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight responds to their customers. Many of the improvements they make come directly from our complains and suggestions. Those who want a clip will have one, I am pretty sure. Just ask them.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love those finger grips. Wish H will be next to have an XM-L.

+1

A ZL angle light with NW XM_L or high CRI LED is the only I light want to buy.

I challenge Zebralight to make a new all flood angle light with a beam like the H501.

jonesy

Enlightened
I thought this could be my foray into the world of 18650 and 500+ lumen lights, but, like many, the lack of pocket clip and neutral is a dealbreaker. I'm sure I'm not alone in being selective when it comes to tint- no more cool white for me.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Does anyone know of another 18650 light that has a range from .2 Lm to 750 Lm OTF (even if only for a few minutes)? Off the top of my head, I can't think of one - this is quite a technological achievement.

- Jas.

jbrett14

Enlightened
I have been VERY surprised at the number of responses pertaining to the need\want for a clip (it appears ZL might be surprised as well).

I am curious what folks need a clip for on this size light? I mean, it's not exactly a penlight made for a shirt pocket. What are you guys clipping it onto?

pageyjim

Enlightened
This could easily clip onto a shirt pocket, pants, belt or cap imo. Lights much bigger come with clips more times than not. A holster would be nice also but also much easier to find after the fact as opposed to a clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.