Zebralight SC600Fd III Plus - XHP50

TCY

Enlightened
One more thing I'd like to add. If you decide to pull the trigger, this light needs unprotected high discharge (8A continuous) 18650 battery with a length of 65.0-65.2mm. There are a number of good batteries, with Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA being one of the most popular and cost effective choice.

:welcome:

Connor

Enlightened
Well said. How are you liking yours? Still use it on a regular basis?

Excellent flashlight. I use mine every day, multiple times. :candle:
I second the recommendation for Sanyo NCR18650GA or LG INR18650MJ1 cells.

vrruumm

Newly Enlightened
I cracked my frosty lens on my sc600 a few months ago, did nothing about it, and continued to abuse the light... Eventually the whole pressed in bezel and cracked glass fell out in my pocket. Fortunately the reflector didn't get too scratched up. I use the light daily as an automotive mechanic, and dont really have a practical back-up light....so... I cut a 26.5mm x 1.5mm lens out of a new replacement welding helmet outer lens (polycarbonate?) and pressed it back into place. I now have a clear lensed sc600fd III plus xhp50 light. I do like the new slightly narrower beam spread better, but.... well... I guess a picture is worth a thousand words

view

I dont notice the donut hole in the beam, unless im lighting up a white wall, but there it is, the artifact.

view

Just thought I'd share exactly why not to put a crappy clear lens in a light that wasn't designed for it!

TCY

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing. I can definitely see the donut ring on the white wall hunting photo, but it seems to disappear when shining through the woods. Tint looks pure white although that could be your phone's auto WB doing the work.

vrruumm

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for sharing. I can definitely see the donut ring on the white wall hunting photo, but it seems to disappear when shining through the woods. Tint looks pure white although that could be your phone's auto WB doing the work.

Interesting side note-

I'm completely color blind. Black white and grey. (the idea of color kinda confuses me) The high cri light from this lamp is so much easier for me to work with than any other led light i've ever owned.

low

Enlightened
My son is colorblind, so I let him choose from all my flashlights, and he chose the SC62d. He said it looked "crystal clear". It seems that any tint whatsoever is not good for a colorblind person. (red-green) And I had several Nichia's to choose from. I'm glad you found a keeper!

fnsooner

Enlightened
Any recommendations for a silicone diffuser for this light? Preferably GITD
I purchased the 20-25 mm silicone diffusers from fasttech but that was for the SC6x series. Not glow in the dark though.

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. The bezel is press fit and nearly impossible to get out. Not sure if I have heard of anyone that has perfected removal. They are rarely modded due to the challenges.

TCY

Enlightened
Just FYI Vinh opened up a SC600 MK3 (I assume perfect removal because it's Vinh's work?) and he couldn't mod it because it was perfect. The video of him explaining is on his Youtube channel. Unless you would like to swap in a different LED there's really no point open it up.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just FYI Vinh opened up a SC600 MK3 (I assume perfect removal because it's Vinh's work?) and he couldn't mod it because it was perfect. The video of him explaining is on his Youtube channel. Unless you would like to swap in a different LED there's really no point open it up.

Shoot. If that's the case I may have to ask him to put a 219c 4000K in mine.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoot. If that's the case I may have to ask him to put a 219c 4000K in mine.
Not in this light he won't. The XHP50 in this light is a 6V emitter where as the 219 is a 3V emitter. Theoretically you can take a driver from a different zebralight and swap it in, but at that point it is more trouble and you would have been better off with starting from a different zebralight.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not in this light he won't. The XHP50 in this light is a 6V emitter where as the 219 is a 3V emitter. Theoretically you can take a driver from a different zebralight and swap it in, but at that point it is more trouble and you would have been better off with starting from a different zebralight.

True. Thanks

Alyx

Newly Enlightened
What are the differences between the SC600Fd and SC600F other than the latter being more powerful in terms of lumens?

TCY

Enlightened
What are the differences between the SC600Fd and SC600F other than the latter being more powerful in terms of lumens?

"d" means higher CRI, tint within a smaller variance (3 vs 5 Macadam Ellipse ) and neutral white (5000K) tint.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
CRACKED.......does zl do it?
Yes. I had a light ZL fixed a few years ago. The process involved contacting them, then shipping them the light (which I recommend you to use tracking, because ZL did not send a confirmation when they received it) along with a check for $15. Then they ship it to their factory in China, where it is fixed and shipped back, then they ship it back to you. It took about a month. Of course it could be slightly different now, so start by contacting them.

Latest posts