Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was scheduled to arrive today, but no show : (

It probably got caught in the cyber Monday shipping crunch. I'd like to hear some reports too, while I'm waiting : )

insanefred

Enlightened
I ordered mine on 11/17 but still no shipping notice. Also, when it does ship to me, I anticipate that it will get stuck in Hodgkins, Tx for week too.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Mine was scheduled to arrive today, but no show : (
Same here, rescheduled for tomorrow. I'll let it slide since they're getting hammered. My local UPS even got delayed which never happens...5 trailers sat there unopened for a day.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
***EDIT - 12/18/17 - See my below comments. I wanted to update this post with this - I fixed the problem I was having. The threads on my new SC600w IV HI were very gritty. This grit was not allowing the tailcap to tighten enough to make contact with all of my batteries. After cleaning the threads, the problem went away completely. All 6 of my red zebralight 18650's fit just fine now. I REALLY LOVE THIS LIGHT AND THE NEW UI!!! It's perfect when backpacking at night along with a floody headlight. The throw is very very impressive and has plenty of spill. It is not at all like my annoying throw monsters that just have a small bright light with no spill. The SC600w IV HI is an excellent balance of both but with an emphasis on throw.

***Here is my original post:

Just got my SC600w IV HI but it is a FAIL. --- (PLEASE SEE ABOVE EDIT)

I have 6 red 18650's, all purchased from Zebralight. Only the 2 newest one's that arrived today are long enough to work in the SC600w MKIV HI. The other 4 batteries are too short to fit, and I have to tighten the cap down as hard as possible with the two new batteries to make the connection. Putting some folded up tin foil at the end of the battery makes the connection with the other 4 batteries I have, but that is not a good long-term solution. I guess the two newest batteries are either a hair longer or just not mashed in yet from constant use. What sucks is that I also had to return my SC600w Mk III HI for the SECOND time for a different defect (just shut off unexpectedly & wouldn't come back on for a few seconds.) I returned it in May, but the problem persisted, so I just returned it again asking Zebralight to just replace it instead of fixing it. They said ok to that request and apologized.

After using the SC600w Mk III HI for most of this year, I see it as the GREATEST flashlight ever made, but DANG, I can't get one that works!! I own 16 Zebralights (between my wife, 3 kids, & me), so I'm not losing my liking for the brand. I am disappointed though!

Anyone else seeing these problems?

Last edited:

insanefred

Enlightened
Just got my SC600w IV HI but it is a FAIL.

I have 6 red 18650's, all purchased from Zebralight. Only the 2 newest one's that arrived today are long enough to work in the SC600w MKIV HI. The other 4 batteries are too short to fit, and I have to tighten the cap down as hard as possible with the two new batteries to make the connection. Putting some folded up tin foil at the end of the battery makes the connection with the other 4 batteries I have, but that is not a good long-term solution. I guess the two newest batteries are either a hair longer or just not mashed in yet from constant use. What sucks is that I also had to return my SC600w Mk III HI for the SECOND time for a different defect (just shut off unexpectedly & wouldn't come back on for a few seconds.) I returned it in May, but the problem persisted, so I just returned it again asking Zebralight to just replace it instead of fixing it. They said ok to that request and apologized.

After using the SC600w Mk III HI for most of this year, I see it as the GREATEST flashlight ever made, but DANG, I can't get one that works!! I own 16 Zebralights (between my wife, 3 kids, & me), so I'm not losing my liking for the brand. I am disappointed though!

I'm wondering if this is going to be a common problem with this new batch of lights. Anyone else seeing these problems?

When you say "red cells", which ones are those?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to Zebralight's Website. They're the red 18650s. The "Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mah 18650". These are the recommended batteries for this light.

EDness

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine today.
6_AABE129-_A801-4_C23-_A4_F8-6_A417_D2_BABB8.jpg

29357_C58-30_B3-468_C-8_C3_A-_A17_C0_E567_CFD.jpg

FC56_C26_A-1_D01-40_EC-_ACB1-29_E7_CE9_A6_B41.jpg

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Great pics! Is it just the picture or the plus is smaller? Whats your first impression, throw, tint, etc..? I want to buy it but i need to know a few things first, hehe...

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine today.
6_AABE129-_A801-4_C23-_A4_F8-6_A417_D2_BABB8.jpg

29357_C58-30_B3-468_C-8_C3_A-_A17_C0_E567_CFD.jpg

FC56_C26_A-1_D01-40_EC-_ACB1-29_E7_CE9_A6_B41.jpg
Nice. Thanks for the pics[emoji106] . Any chance you could post a beamshot of just the Plus? Also can you give us your impressions of it? What is the tint and beam profile like? How does it throw? How quickly does it get hot and step down? Do you like it overall? Thanks.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooohhhh, I love that big broad hotspot, just what I was hoping for. Mine is still "Out for delivery", but these first images are encouraging. Thanks for posting them : )

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooohhhh, I love that big broad hotspot, just what I was hoping for. Mine is still "Out for delivery", but these first images are encouraging. Thanks for posting them : )
Yeah, it looks nice aside from a bit of colour shift but, that is to be expected with these new generation of Cree's with the full phosphor coating. Looks like his sample anyways is a bit warmer then the HI. Hopefully he will give us some more info and maybe another beamshot of just the Plus:D.

Last edited:

jb509

Newly Enlightened
Well, did anyone get their SC600w MKIV Plus(XHP50.2) yet? I am dying to hear some reports about it.

Got it today. The tint shift toward red/pink as compare to my SC600w Mk III Hi and SC600Fd Mk III Plus but not as red/pink as my reference EagTac MX30L3-C with Nichia 219B. It has both 6 pogo pins on the positive and negative side. I don't have any equipment to measure the actual lumen but the brightness is comparable to my Olight R50 which is rated at 2,500 lumens.

Would like to hear from someone that can do the measurement?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got it today. The tint shift toward red/pink as compare to my SC600w Mk III Hi and SC600Fd Mk III Plus but not as red/pink as my reference EagTac MX30L3-C with Nichia 219B. It has both 6 pogo pins on the positive and negative side. I don't have any equipment to measure the actual lumen but the brightness is comparable to my Olight R50 which is rated at 2,500 lumens.

Would like to hear from someone that can do the measurement?

Nice. Thanks for the report[emoji106]. Any chance you could post a beamshot?

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
... the brightness is comparable to my Olight R50 which is rated at 2,500 lumens....

yeah, I look forward to getting that confirmed.

Looking at the beamshots that EDness posted above, I have to say that the increase in the *size* of the hotspot does not look like it makes up for the decrease in *intensity* that the Mk III HI has.

I mean--of course a single pair of beamshots does not prove how it will perform in person, and maybe the bigger wall of light will be super impressive. But I'm not yet sold on the 2300 lumens being a sufficient compensation for the lack of throw.

More measurements, please! More beamshots, and outdoor shots, and gifs that flip between modes, please!

NPL

Enlightened
The HI model has an 8 degree beam, and Plus has 14 degree beam. If my math can be applied to light, you would need 1.75x the lumens on the 14 degree plus to equal the throw of the 8 degree HI. Might not be exact, but a good indication.