ZebraLight SC63

Severus

Enlightened
I am in love with this little light!
Thank you Vinh to hook me up![emoji3]
e3a7aeb67b24b12c5be822d991996a52.jpg

Capolini

Banned
What is the difference between your SC63 and my SC62? ,Now I will investigate while I wait for your reply!

It is either the SC63 or another[can't remember!] ZL model which steps down[PID] quicker than mine.

oHHH YAAAA, a little more output w/ the XHP35!!....More heat and quicker step down?

Last edited:

Saul Good

Enlightened
I have the sc63 and sc62, both cool white versions. To me the 63 tint looks to be more on the neutral side. The 63 does have more (noticeable) output, but the sc62 may seem "brighter" to many because it has a more intense hotspot. I haven't had time to play with the 63 long enough to comment on heat.

Severus

Enlightened
What is the difference between your SC63 and my SC62? ,Now I will investigate while I wait for your reply!

It is either the SC63 or another[can't remember!] ZL model which steps down[PID] quicker than mine.

oHHH YAAAA, a little more output w/ the XHP35!!....More heat and quicker step down?

To be honest I don't really know the difference Capolini, I have been busy with my drones lately [emoji57]

Severus

Enlightened
it's significantly shorter than the Olight S2, and that tells a lot
819111e7ae9ee4de55e6ab942f9cd15f.jpg

Last edited:

DMS1970

Enlightened
it's significantly shorter than the Olight S2, and that tells a lot
819111e7ae9ee4de55e6ab942f9cd15f.jpg

Great pic thanks, I have the s2 and an sc600, but I feel like I'm missing something without a 63. Can you tell me how the 2 lights compare?

DMS1970

Enlightened
By compare, I mean the s2 to the sc63? Both are floody, but the zebralight has more punch and better regulation than the s2. Are the beam profiles similar?

Severus

Enlightened
To be honest the S2 beam is unbeatable with the optics, with the even amount of light inside the beam but the SC63 doesn't fall too far behind, for me is the best reflector utilitarian light right now. As far as the lumens I was expecting to be a noticeable difference from the S2 (950lumens) when compared to the SC63 being 1300 but the eyes could be deceiving. The size factor also influence the likeability of tha SC63. The UI of the SC36 is weird at the beginning but once you get used to it is very convinient, I like the UI of the S2 better but its just my opinion. I hope this info helps

Severus

Enlightened
b36b0346a8fe64fd5bc8a9a1247b7d8d.jpg
S2 on the left SC63 on the right, both batteries fully charged and both on the highest output both are the cool white versions but is evident the SC63 is way much warmer.

Last edited:

BarryG

Enlightened
I must agree. The SC63 is amazing! Got mine yesterday and played with it last night. The output vs. Size is unbelievable!

Thank you Vinh!

DMS1970

Enlightened
Just got mine from Vihn, can't beat his service and delivery! Fantastic little light. I'd love to see zebralight put an S2 type optic on this platform and shorten it up another 3/8" or so.

recDNA

Flashaholic
The picture of the sc63 looks much warmer than 5700 k but maybe the comparison creates an illusion. I actually like 5700k so it would disappoint me. That looks warmer than my 62w.

markr6

Flashaholic
The picture of the sc63 looks much warmer than 5700 k but maybe the comparison creates an illusion. I actually like 5700k so it would disappoint me. That looks warmer than my 62w.

Has to be the camera freaking out. That picture actually looks closer to my 5700K vs 4500K comparison.

waywardgeek

Newly Enlightened
I got my SC63 yesterday. Wow! This super-cool. A few things for potential buyers:

- Prices on Amazon are currently either too high, or sellers are out of stock. I bought directly from Zebralight.com and got lower price and quick delivery.
- Out-of-the-box, the "high" mode is set to medium-high. It is impressive, but wont blow you away until you discover the "double-click" trick.
- If you program the default mode it to the highest brightness, you may want to keep it out of reach of both adults and children. The light is so bright it is not entirely safe.

I had some fun playing a trick on family members. I'd show them my old Klarus MiX6 SS (gold-plated), which I've carried in my pocket every day for over four years with heavy use. It claims to put out 85 lumens, but delivers closer to 50. I show them my old light's brightness, and then show them the new light, but I hold the button down so it goes to medium mode, which is much brighter than my old 50-lumen light. They say, "That's a lot brighter," and smile at me, knowing I have unreasonable enthusiasm for flashlights. I say, "Now you try. Just click the button." Of course, I have it set to full brightness. One of them actually dropped the light in surprise. Each of them were shocked and gave out a gasp or yell. Hehehe...

Last edited: