Zebralight SC64c

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just did a quick test of my SC64c LE. It is a very nice tint, and beam looks very nice as most in the 62 and 64 series. I'm just charging a battery so I can more easily compare it side by side to 3 other 62/64 series lights. As expected by the 'c' designation and specified color temp it is on the warmer side of neutral, but quite nice, not too warm as expected and in line with other 'c' series. I pulled a battery out of a 600 series headlamp, but that was a protected cell, so had to pull the GA out of by 600 series EDC. The threads were heavily lubed on the 64c LE, more than I've ever seen on a Zebralight out of the box. I was surprised it used a shallow spring in the tailcap rather than the pogo pins, but I guess that remains for the 64 series.

I only got this light to checkout the new LED, and because the 62w is one of my all time favorite lights, after that one I had found my real EDC (which was eventually replaced with the 600Fd III plus). The 62/64 series though are more pocket friendly and still seem quite amazing to me. The beam on the 64c LE seems really clean even with it's typical corona transition rings typical of the series. I didn't see any weird tones or green in my quick evaluation, I look forward to putting it next to the 62w, 62d, and 64w for a closer look. I should try to find my 62c for a closer comparison, but that could take days so I'm just going to use what's handy.

It looks to me that this LED is certainly worthy of being put into a Zebralight. I can't see why anyone would be disappointed in this light.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you cross the beams with that old 62w you'll probably see the green. That xml2 they used in the 62w was very reddish/tannish and the comparison should really bring out the tint difference. Less obvious, but worth looking for, is the cri difference. Instead of shining them both at a while wall (or at least in addition to..), shine them on a warm wooden object, like a piece of good furniture. Or take them outside and shine at the plant life. The cri difference should swing the balance back toward the LE. At least it does for me.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you cross the beams with that old 62w you'll probably see the green. That xml2 they used in the 62w was very reddish/tannish and the comparison should really bring out the tint difference. Less obvious, but worth looking for, is the cri difference. Instead of shining them both at a while wall (or at least in addition to..), shine them on a warm wooden object, like a piece of good furniture. Or take them outside and shine at the plant life. The cri difference should swing the balance back toward the LE. At least it does for me.

The XM-L2 used in the 62w was a tint lottery. Anything from rosy to green.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 64 series had a higher output than the 62 series and the difference between the 62d and 64c LE was quite significant. I had no problems with any of the tints since i used the 62w for years. The 64c LE is warmer than i generally prefer, but it is really nice, many would certainly prefer it. With the higher output, the 64c LE was also running cooler than my 62w. I don't know if it would make sense for them to introduce a 64d LE with the same LED and a 5000K - 5200K color temp, but i think it would rock. The 64w is listed at 4500K, but mine seems to be closer to 5000K, but i didn't try to confirm that so maybe i'm dreamimg.

The 64c LE is definetly a nice addition to Zebralight stable, the warmer tint and nice output should make it quite popular. It will be a great outdoor and all round light, only having to step aside when more lumens are required.

Candlestick

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the sc64c LE, was not going to buy any more lights (I have been edc a Peak El Captain high cri brass), but have been reaching the limits of what that light can do.

-The output should be enough for my needs, anything it can't light up at 800 lumens either needs it's own generator stadium light or a pencil beam thrower, neither would be good for edc.
-The size is hardly larger than most AA lights, should not draw too much attention in the pocket and weighs next to nothing

-The battery capacity is big enough that I only should have to change batteries 1-2 times a month

-The runtime on the lows make it a great emergency light, lasting months with enough light to not get lost

-High CRI means it will be useful for identifying wildlife, night photography, first aid

-Warmish neutral means it will be useful as a night light, had this come up several times while camping with family, I was asked to provide a night light for the kid's tent or camper. .05 lumens should be perfect to light up a small area with ceiling bounce just enough to avoid stepping on someone. 4000k is roughly the color temp of actual moonlight, cool white is jarring to sleep as it is more like the sky at dawn.

As far as my experince with other ZL, I own two flood headlamps both high CRI one AA and one 18650. Both get used regularly. I keep the h502c on my shelf, use it for bathroom runs and nightly reading/writing. The h603c gets used when working in the dark, at 800 lumens of pure flood it is still enough light to see a whole acre. Since I bought those three years ago it looks like they just got better, I really like the idea of preset mode groups, will probably set up g6 or g7 to have a medum-low only output on all levels, if I ever let soneone borrow it.

Will update post when light arrives.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using the LE nightly, and the tint is not distracting, being used to the 5000K 62d for so many years. And the wife is using one of my 62d's nightly as well.
Have to say that the LE seems to be quite a step up in efficiency from the 62d.

Candlestick

Newly Enlightened
Been using the LE nightly, and the tint is not distracting, being used to the 5000K 62d for so many years. And the wife is using one of my 62d's nightly as well.
Have to say that the LE seems to be quite a step up in efficiency from the 62d.

I noticed it seems to run a lot longer on high before heating up than my H602c does, it is a cool thought that even the low 1 setting is enough light to navigate by, and has months of run time.

Candlestick

Newly Enlightened
I got my light a few days ago, not disappointing. It seems to have a comparable CRI / tint to a Nichia 219b. Initial impressions are good, it is small and light, shines in the dark. I did some beam comparisons with my H603c, seems warmer. I don't see any green tinge on the low setting, in fact this seems to be one of the best lights as far as CRI on low. I can still see in full color even on the 0.05 lumen setting! I noticed that on the first sub lumen light I owned (cool white Thrunite) everything would look gray and colorless, even on medium levels of output, I never realized how much detail comes from color until I got my first high CRI light. You can see more with high cri 200 lumens than you can with low cri 800 lumens, and this light has high CRI 800 lumens, or lows that last a lot longer than your average household food stock.

Edit: here is a quick compare, it does look a lot more high CRI, and a little warmer than the H603c.
cdKr-KyVBq4nYj_noD8y39l4XBr0VKKXJ3jYR19EXAUudeVVXlMeexc8rMpG4VbJejvFNmEGzfmZvGIqdQJ8iH1QmqPtFRiELP641pvsDat4FJTWV38rkQxaJafQg6KB4C0L8-X5mpqeSh3zU-mPb0sPgbLW97YqThNK8l1rn6NUfh0FQWtOzOEbKAmHKRy_5T6yCI2i1ZggpnNl1zmibjGDfDqzVAp9P4KCpKVu673drNm6f1HKJGX-5GYv0ppaK13Zb10wWRVLOjJgrO8TQv9P1qpeUr9PysvF4lHpQt9rOZi1FF0rKuYsX24b9-D5bzSD-YDMoz2SjB48mRlKzfCDezOKEbm2NZ-u6j2xVuRokeR7B-QZ8fL8YobTAsKAwkdvriokjfQ9kNGm3-2T2_mUp9104JKTOKhhR1N9PMxB9M6A1oA-qPUntTcOowSxMevuFVMt14CN5iNiMuGMiCJF_Gy3ua9EV5Ga5bFxdQwla7DQ67VBAspZf7LcNwlDP-_T8MEGFBzHOetIH3uslr75_mLcsdMQ3mF6cUk6wYfYsWi5_qTfcWC-gdYlfmy7QgbN6ntSXuBrUdU4zAF58AYUGVWN_qLdQyZvzOPjixUgCkozIz64V5ktNALRFjWOw4mz4JZGLe39bPW3WEsGYLoci0SQhQZQBySmXxybHwL5_WLKLyflu8Oxb1KKmatxaUH-P1kIoyAid0g5SyRu-UUf=w480-h320-no

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Received mine today !
Couldn't resist the Siren Call any longer.

Took it out tonight, and Very Impressed !

And it's actually slightly SHORTER
than my Reylight Brass Pineapple (1xAA) ! ! !
:eek:

Finish is unlike any of my previous
eight (AA) Zebralights.

Smooth and Glossy brownish-black !
Almost "slippery" !

Is this the new "standard" finish for ZL ? ? ?

markr6

Flashaholic
It could never be accurate, because Zebralights always artificially raise blood pressures.

Yes! Especially when first opening that box for the first time. The anticipation...

Will it be grayish, olive drab, nearly black anodizing? Matte finish or shiny? Green tint, magenta tint, just right?