Zebralight SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 90+CRI

holygeez03

Enlightened
It's simple Mark... buy the aluminum rod that you want and send it to ZL to machine into a SC700 for you.

low

Enlightened
I had a feeling somebody would want to see that, but it's important to understand that these photos don't represent what I'm seeing in real life, only what the camera is seeing as "daylight" balanced.

Thank you so much for sharing the unfiltered/filtered pic. I never thought about monitor color difference. The filtered looked pinkish to me and the unfiltered looked good, I did not pick up any green, then again I lowered the green a lot on my screen while trying to watch the matrix. I was hoping to catch the subtle differences the filters made. Oh well. Thanks for trying DD.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you so much for sharing the unfiltered/filtered pic. I never thought about monitor color difference. The filtered looked pinkish to me and the unfiltered looked good, I did not pick up any green, then again I lowered the green a lot on my screen while trying to watch the matrix. I was hoping to catch the subtle differences the filters made. Oh well. Thanks for trying DD.
You're most welcome.

The filtered picture looks pinkish on my monitor as well, and I don't feel it's necessarily a monitor difference, but more of a difference in what my camera considers to be "daylight". I don't think all cameras are calibrated to the same "daylight", so if you take ten different cameras and record an identical scene with all the white balances set to "daylight", then you'd probably get 10 photos with slightly different tints to the scene.

I know there is a way to use a MacBeth color checker card to calibrate my camera to get an accurate color rendition, but I just don't have the time or inclination to do that at the moment.

Beckler

Enlightened
I was expecting some useful info instead I've read 50 pgs about the precise tint of the LED and the color of the g*damn anodizing...this isn't what i buy flashlights for. :D I guess im in the wrong place...

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was expecting some useful info instead I've read 50 pgs about the precise tint of the LED and the color of the g*damn anodizing...this isn't what i buy flashlights for. :D I guess im in the wrong place...

Well, ZL fans already like everything else about their lights. The only thing left to complain about is the LED tint on some samples. The tint of the anodizing is one I've never heard before, but at least it gives us one other thing to argue about.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Well, ZL fans already like everything else about their lights. The only thing left to complain about is the LED tint on some samples. The tint of the anodizing is one I've never heard before, but at least it gives us one other thing to argue about.

I'm grateful for ano snobs myself

;)

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think of it this way: this group of whiny, snobby, flashlight geeks has made Zebralight the company it is today, or at least heavily influenced the product offerings. Zebralight now advertises attributes about their lights that the average Amazon shopper doesn't even know they want: CCT, CRI, tint deviation, ultra low lows, customizable UI, etc.

Zebralight had one the best and most unique product offerings way back when all they had was a small selection of AA powered mule headlamps. But they didn't stop innovating. They kept browsing this forum (and others I'm sure) and paying attention to what we, their most demanding user base, wanted. Now their product line is unparalleled in terms of available options and they make what are arguably some of the most versatile, efficient, usable products on the market. As a result, those same Amazon shoppers can spend between $50 and $100 and have one of the best illumination tools available without even realizing the design has been vetted by the likes of Mark and the rest of you "crazies". Zebralight probably doesn't even have focus groups! They just leak some specs to get an initial reaction, then manufacture and sell a few hundred "pre-sale" models to us, knowing we won't be able to resist a new product. Then they watch us discuss and quibble amongst ourselves, all the while giving them hundreds of hours of well documented, unbiased feedback. It's a win win!

holygeez03

Enlightened
Is there any proof or support from ZL that forums like this have had any significant influence on their design choices or offerings? I know we like to think so...

low

Enlightened

Perhaps so. You really don't need a forum to look for a crappy tint, they seem to be everywhere.
And there cheap.

All I want is great tint. Form factor, UI and battery size come last on my list.
Dependability is good though.

henry1960

Enlightened

Im fine with the Anodizing...I am more concern abought tint myself...

ven

Flashaholic
This light is on my short list for 2019, loving the beefed up head and fuel option. Also this 70.2 so far seems promising..........UK stock makes my life easier come returns. But saying that, ZL have come through (in the end) of past. As for ano, i have quite a few shades(50 shades of green) with my ZL's. I like them all, kind of prefer the darker green, but i have some very light ano. I like the fact they are slightly different shades, besides its still more desirable than the sea of black out there.

NPL

Enlightened
Has anybody who owns the light tried it with other batteries than the 40t's? Considering to buy Vapcell 5000mah 15A batteries and wondered how they will perform in this light.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Does a 10A battery work with the SC700d?
I hope someone with equipment can give an in depth answer, but in short, I have the 50e in it and tail standing until it gets pretty warm... output SEEMS steady.
But really, someone with a light meter will need to analyze this.
With the 50e there seems to be a ton of output and like I said it SEEMS like it is steady output