ZL SC600 IV, SC64, H600 IV, H604 full family revealved

Flashlike

Enlightened
HI is the emitter type. It means "High Intensity" and uses a factory flat dome similar to a de-domed emitter as apposed to a traditional rounded dome. This increases throw at the expense of a bit of lumens.

The HI sounds like what you want. The new Plus uses the XHP50.2 emitter. It is a larger emitter then the XHP35 HI and has a traditional dome. Both of these things will increase hotspot size and lower throw. But, it has a significantly higher output which will slightly compensate throw wise through brute force so to speak.

Thank you for the explanation, Tachead.

roger-roger

Enlightened
Then you will need the HI. I would wager that the Plus is gling to have a big hotspot and very little throw (compared to light with HI emitter - sheer output will give it some range but can't match that of the HI at lower levels)

That blows my plans for the IV PLUS, as I'm thinking 2400+ lu without throw doesn't fill any perceived gaps, but I'll keep an open mind.

I want a HI with more intensity than the upcoming (1400 lu) MK4 HI, and who knows it might spec higher when finally tested and released. :D