Warrior III K3500R

HIDSGT

Enlightened
If the Ezlite was rechargeable Id get it in a second but who wants to spend $30 a month in batteries...:thinking: IMHO an hid is utterly useless without a rechargeable battery. Nice construction tho. I do like the lite tho.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the Ezlite was rechargeable Id get it in a second but who wants to spend $30 a month in batteries...:thinking: IMHO an hid is utterly useless without a rechargeable battery. Nice construction tho. I do like the lite tho.

3x R123 plus 1 dummy cell now it's rechargeable plus 100-200 lumens brighter.

Mac

HIDSGT

Enlightened
3x R123 plus 1 dummy cell now it's rechargeable plus 100-200 lumens brighter.

Mac

Whats the run time on it? At 1-200 lumens brighter what would that put it at? Whats a dummy cell? Ur saying they sell rechargeable r123's?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats the run time on it? At 1-200 lumens brighter what would that put it at? Whats a dummy cell? Ur saying they sell rechargeable r123's?

Yes Rechargeable 123 size cells. Fully charged they are 4.2v, you can only use 3 cells with the 10w ballast thats installed in the EzNite.

Runtime would be around 30-40 minutes.

Dummy Cells can be purchased I believe from AW here in the forums.

Mac

Patriot

Flashaholic
Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
When I compared the Warrior's proprietary battery pack with the Boxer's 3x18650 cartridge I became concerned about this:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/180348

Brightnorm

After some reading up about current Li-ion batteries it seems that they're building them with a bit more longevity. With any luck I'll get 4 or 5 years out of this proprietary pack since I seem to get good battery life out of everything else I own. I hope that in five years we have some new technology out there which gives us new chemistries since Li-ion still leaves a lot to be desired.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I wish there was a way to know whether batteries in a proprietary pack are the longer-lasting ones.

BN

Border

Newly Enlightened
vee73: Very nice pictures!

This is probably the kind of comparison that most people (also non-CPFers) can relate to. Guess it will make everyone crave for their own hand-held HID... :D

Last edited:

vee73

Newly Enlightened
vee73: Very nice pictures!

This is probably the kind of comparison that most people (also non-CPFers) can relate to. Guess it will make everyone crave for their own hand-held HID... :D

Thanks! Yes maybe:whistle:

kodi

Newly Enlightened
vee73: can you make a photo of the reflector in your K3500 please?

kodi

Newly Enlightened
Yes, thank you.

I had the same story - my first two were with smooth reflector, third one (bought in January) has this "frosty" reflector.
Unfortunately, the later ones are not as precise as the first series, so even vacuum alu covering is not a full solution. There is almost no possibility to smooth the surface mechanically either - reflector is not made from pure alu.
If anyone knows, where can I buy smooth reflector for Warrior III - please, drop me a PM. I asked how much for making custom one - and the price was usually between 250 and 600$ :(

vee73

Newly Enlightened

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's very interesting Vee73.

What is the adapter piece that interfaces between the Polarion filter and the K3500?

Latest posts