Little History Lesson About Surefire(Link Inside)

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Hello all, bought a copy of "Shooting Illustrated" yesterday and saw on the front cover "Light Done Right, Surefire's 30-Year Misson"

Was an interesting read so I thought I take some scans of the pages to show the Surefire fans here who do not have access to this magazine(non U.S., etc) or to the people that didnt have to opportunity to pick up a copy. Never the less heres a PDF of the 4 pages.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zatl5fmmhgz (My first time hosting a PDF hope it works...)

I thought it was a cool little history lesson with some equally cooler photos of various things that go on in the factory.

Enjoy, my holiday present to CPF!

Last edited:

Niconical

Enlightened
Re: Little History Lesson About Surefire

That's great, thank you!

I'll print it for my 12 year old nephew at Christmas, he is a budding Surefiraholic with a 6P and a G2, so far..... :)

Cosmo7809

Enlightened

This link sends my Norton antivirus into overdrive with do not enter warnings. ???

:devil: My plan is working! Mwahahahha

Just kidding. Honestly, do not know why thats happening... Anyone here who also has Norton able to open the file no problem?

P.S.- I use AVG

Last edited:

Magic Matt

Enlightened

This link sends my Norton antivirus into overdrive with do not enter warnings. ???

Try dumping it and getting a good Anti-Virus setup, like ESET NOD32. I don't wish to cause offence, but whilst Norton is very popular and famous, it's also incredibly inefficient and gives a lot more false-positive warnings on perfectly innocent sites than other anti-virus packages, and can also stop perfectly innocent sites from working properly.

I say this as an I.T. Technician with over 15 years experience in repairing and maintaining PCs professionally. The first thing I do when I buy any new PC is remove Norton and/or McAfee and put something like NOD32 on.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened

Try dumping it and getting a good Anti-Virus setup, like ESET NOD32. I don't wish to cause offence, but whilst Norton is very popular and famous, it's also incredibly inefficient and gives a lot more false-positive warnings on perfectly innocent sites than other anti-virus packages, and can also stop perfectly innocent sites from working properly.

Well, ESET NOD32 gave me a warning about the site too. I didn't read it in detail, but I think it's something in one of the banner ads. But I still love NOD32. I got the file just fine though.

Last edited:

Fender

Newly Enlightened

Is it a current issue? December,or January?

orbspeed1

Newly Enlightened
UK,England,Surrey,On a chair in front of my comput

HHmmmmm i prefer to be safe than sorry and take nortons advice (no smoke with out fire as they say) and av software is just like torches each to their own.

ps is there another way this artical can be hosted as it sounds very interesting and i would like to read it.

Magic Matt

Enlightened

Well, ESET NOD32 gave me a warning about the site too. I didn't read it in detail, but I think it's something in one of the banner ads. But I still love NOD32. I got the file just fine though.

Yup, and that's the difference in a nutshell. NOD32 tells you the problem, and blocks the problem alone. Norton tells you the world is about to end, and stops you going to the site completely, or disables huge chunks of unrelated stuff so the site doesn't work.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very cool article, thanks for sharing.

It makes me glad that I have a 6C, as a little piece of SureFire history :)

Regards,
Tempest

SUREFIRED

Enlightened

Very cool info, I had no idea that SF helped Duracell with the 123s.

Ya learn somethin new every day i guess. lovecpf

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened

ps is there another way this artical can be hosted as it sounds very interesting and i would like to read it.

If you want, you can PM me an email address and I will email you the PDF article (perfectly safe that way... and I'll even virus scan it for you:twothumbs).

tundratrader

Enlightened

This just sent my Macbook into pop up overdrive!!!!
Anyway you could use a different link?

Last edited:

Latest posts