iTP A3 EOS

Cole07

Enlightened
It made me laugh though at how ignorant they are because they are probably stuck at home using a D cell Eveready light that is hardly useable. :hahaha: And I'm sitting here with my few but growing collection of moderately bright LEDs. Rebel Mini Mag/D cell, Mini mag with tle5-ex dropin and my new iTP A3 :twothumbs

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
I have a few in al, ti & stainless & love this little light.
I don't even know it's around my neck under my shirt & they are truly impressive for short runs with a lithium ion battery. On medium it's bright enough for just about anything you'd need & does not overheat.

Brightness wise I'd say it's not quite as bright as the Mini AA on comparable battery chemistry. Beam pattern is surprisingly good on the little ITP too compared to the very good Mini aa's. Tint is much better than some of the mini's I've seen & seems pretty consistent from light to light. For a 20 dollar light, it's truly a no brainer.

Just wish the lanyard hole was recessed (or maybe a recessed pin) & a bit roomier.

Cole07

Enlightened
But remember, the A3 only competes with the Preon 1. And they are almost identical in brightness with the Preon 1 maybe having a little more flood, based on what I know.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I go to school today and show some of my friends my new iTP A3 and they go... "You spent $20 for THAT!?"..

They might be more impressed if you demonstrate it on a dark night whey they were fumbling to find their footing on a rocky path in the woods.

Cole07

Enlightened
Ha yea I can't believe some of them think I'm crazy, but maybe I am because my parents think the same but oh well :nana:

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
On my stainless A3 , I get 14mm across the knurled part of the head and 12.55mm across the knurled part of the body ... 67.22mm long , excluding the keyring pip which is another 2.1mm long by 4mm diameter ... Mine weighs 35 grams with an Eneloop fitted.

Hope this helps.
It sure does MB! The tube diameter is almost akin to a 3AAA mini Mag's/Solitaire's w/c makes it perfect for my expandable blowgun light holder designed to accomodate a max of 14mm or a min of 10mm. Great and much thanks!:twothumbs

Ian2381

Enlightened
So I go to school today and show some of my friends my new iTP A3 and they go... "You spent $20 for THAT!?" And I was like yea why it was freakin cheap? And they are calling me an idiot and stuff for it. I guess some people just aren't like us. :duh2:

Showed my A3 with friends at work and they like the Stainless steel finish and small size but not that impressed with the output (it was in the office with bright florescent lights on), next time I'll show them this light at total darkness.:naughty:

Cole07

Enlightened
Showed my A3 with friends at work and they like the Stainless steel finish and small size but not that impressed with the output (it was in the office with bright florescent lights on), next time I'll show them this light at total darkness.:naughty:

Its kind of weird how no one seems to appreciate what goes into this technology. But if you really want to impress anyone, then you pretty much have to show them your light at night.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the EOS vs the MiNi AA - my MiNi is noticeably brighter than my iTP, I really don't think 10 lumens should look that much brighter if iTP's ratings were really OTF. Well if it has been verified, I guess 4Sevens ratings are underrated.

Cole07

Enlightened
Or maybe you're using alkalines? I use lithiums and it makes it WAY brighter.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
My A3 EOS did 80/19/1.5 Lumens in bigchelis' sphere with a duraloop.

Kramer, do you know if he's tested on of them on the 10440's?

Be curious to see what the difference is, but not for more than about 2 minutes:poof:. Was able to run mine for more than five in a brief snow/ hailstorm yesterday though with no issues. Still had about 3.7 volts left in it too.

Thinkin about sending him one for testing.

Cole07

Enlightened
That would be interesting to know how bright it would be with a 10440. You should send him one. :popcorn:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Kramer, do you know if he's tested on of them on the 10440's?

Be curious to see what the difference is, but not for more than about 2 minutes:poof:. Was able to run mine for more than five in a brief snow/ hailstorm yesterday though with no issues. Still had about 3.7 volts left in it too.

Thinkin about sending him one for testing.

ITP A3-EOS Numbers:

80L on cold start and drops to 70L after some warm up on a duraloop AAA.
69L on cold start and drops to 60L after some warm up on an alkaline AAA.
209L on a cold start and drops to 150L after heating up with a 10440 LiIo.

I ran mine with a 10440 and its very bright, but gets hot fast too. So its only ideal for a short burst kind of use.

Its a great light though, the duraloop setup being my fave.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
How do you like the duraloop vs the Eneloops? Any difference or just a personal convenience thing?

I started carrying a spare 10440 in the car. For around the house the little A3 is a monster on high & does need to be kept an eye on.

Won't spring for the lithium primaries for a AAA (unless they go in the bag.).

Last edited:

Cole07

Enlightened
ITP A3-EOS Numbers:

I ran mine with a 10440 and its very bright, but gets hot fast too. So its only ideal for a short burst kind of use.

I don't get how a NiMh cell only runs at 1.2 volts, but can serve an LED better that a regular 1.5 volt alkaline! I know that a lithium primary will do better than both in brightness/runtime but how does a NiMh run so bright on only 1.2v??? :shrug:

jumpin jack flash

Newly Enlightened
ITP A3-EOS Numbers:

Which emitter does your A3 have? The reason I'm asking is that the two different lumen tests done on the A3's, per bigchelis' spreadsheet, list the one done with duraloops (80 lumens) as just an XP-E (no flux rating). The one done with Alkalines (69) lumens was listed as XPE-R2.