Many thanks to Sylvania.... for Dot-Its and Golden Dragon lanterns

steve_vance

Enlightened
a while back, I posted about several manufacturers (Inova, Pelican, Princeton Tec) who had contributed many LED lights to Cityteam, a relief group that is working in the 90,000+ square miles of Mississippi that were devastated by Katrina. In fact, Cityteam has received "supervisory designation" by the Mississippi State Government; they are in charge of coordinating relief projects there at the state and county level. The lights are performing very well for them. The last time I was at Cityteam, though, they expressed an urgent, unmet need: lights for the porta-potties (try going in the dark
frown.gif
). They were using Tap-Lites, but going through batteries at a phenomenal rate. I went looking for a solution.
THE VERY NEXT DAY, Sylvania launched the Dot-It lights (Divine timing?). I called them; they sent 24 Dot-Its to Cityteam. Their product manager, Constance Pineault, also sent FIFTY Golden Dragon LED Lanterns
wow.gif
that will be used to light the tents that the volunteers are sleeping in. Sylvania, through their public relations director, has expressed interest in further supporting relief activities in Mississippi through Cityteam.
KUDOS TO SYLVANIA FOR STEPPING UP and for their EXTREME GENEROSITY.
thanks.gif
goodjob.gif

Last edited:

Arkayne

Enlightened
Wow, :thumbsup: to Sylvania!

Those portapotties should have solar powered lighting built-in. Hmmmm, on second thought, they would probably be stolen. :(