Rayo 2500's fit without boring

nickz

Enlightened
I just got my 8aa - 2D battery holder from modamag and I was astonished to see that the Rayovac 2500's fit without boring :huh2: . I will admit it is a bit tight, but not enough for me to worry about, they still slide out easily. Just thought I would pass that info on to all of you flashaholics out there :rock: .

thezman

Enlightened
Cool........

I'm getting an 8AA-2D from modamag and I have an old black 2D, I hope it works for me too.

nickz

Enlightened
This was a new Pewter mag. It is possible I guess that the ID is slightly larger than normal as I am sure they have a few thousandths tolerance.

nickz

Enlightened
These are the rayos with the hr stamp on bottom of the cell, not the 15 minute rayovacs. I have some of the 15 minute that I will try when I get home from work just to see if I have an odd maglite. Here are the batteries I am using

IMG_1162.jpg

Last edited:

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
nickz said:
I have some of the 15 minute that I will try when I get home from work just to see if I have an odd maglite.

careful, i scuffed up mine trying!

lexina

Enlightened
nickz said:
I have some of the 15 minute that I will try when I get home from work just to see if I have an odd maglite.

got a 8AA-2D on the way and just bought a pack of 15 mins Varta (apparently same as the Rayovacs) - waiting anxiously for your report

nickz

Enlightened
I just tried the 15 minute rayovacs this morning which are 2000mah and they do fit but are pretty snug. If I were to use those I think I would De-anodize the inside of the light and open it up a bit with a brake cylinder hone.

lexina

Enlightened
nickz said:
I just tried the 15 minute rayovacs this morning which are 2000mah and they do fit but are pretty snug. If I were to use those I think I would De-anodize the inside of the light and open it up a bit with a brake cylinder hone.

thanks, nickz. good to know that they fit in your light although they didn't fit in nemul's. guess there's some tolerance in the diameter of the light or the cells.