What watch is everyone wearing?

Elmie

Enlightened
Lets see what watches you guys are wearing.

Oh and I am a proud owner of a HDS Ultimate 60 as well.

snl029_1.jpg

Looking into getting an Omega Seamaster Chrono now.

But I love the Seiko, it has tiCN plating. Its hard as hell, just like flashlights with HAIII.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up (in a trade)a Casio solar ProTrek Triple Sensor 60T(titanium). It is pretty cool. Does everything and then some, and weighs almost zilch. You just gotta love titanium! :)

Some info: " Titanium bracelet- Tri fold buckle, fully adjustable. Triple sensor Casio Digital CompassDigital/Analogue. BAROMETER measurement & display range - 260 to 1100hPa (7.65 to 32.45 Hg). Display unit 1 hPa (0.05Hg). Measurement timing - Daily from midnight at three hour intervals (8 times per day) Cabration - manual measurement (button operation) barometric pressure history graph. THERMOMETER Range -10 to 60 C (14.00 to 140 F) Display unit - 0.1 C (0.2 F) ALTIMETER Range -700 "

I can't seem to get the photo uploaded. Oh well.

Blades

Last edited:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't wear watches. I could never stand having something on my wrists. I did finally find that several companies are once again making fine pocket watches so I'm considering getting one of those.

Though I do have to say that Omega Seamaster Chrono is one COOL looking timepiece!

eart

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that ever since I started carrying a cellphone (in '99) I no longer wear a wrist watch. What does a wristwatch provide that the cellphone watch doesnt?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wearing my Seiko SXK011J this afternoon, just came back from sitting with my wife for her 4th Chemo treatment for 4 hours and it is bright and cheery, and all the women there always comment on it and like it.

A wrist watch not only gives the time, it is a statement, can add a touch of class, and finishes a mans wardrobe. Yes it is old school, but it still, says class, especially in higher business circles, look at top professionals, very few do not wear a wristwatch. The big exception is in lawyers, a most seldom wear an expensive watch during trials so as not to alienate the jury because they can also be a sign of affluence.

Very few cell phone clocks I have ever seen are really all that accurate they are almost always a minute or two off but most people seem to be ok with close enough these days sadly to say.

Eaaandseiko.jpg

I wore this Citizen yesterday:
citizenandricebead.jpg

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Here's my daily beater, a Vostok automatic. Rolex owners, eat your heart out. :laughing:

Vostok2.jpg

When I think someone might see my watch I'll wear this Casio.

Casio2.jpg

Geoff

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
I've got one of the Vostok Amphibians also-an unbeatable value for an automatic watch. Mine is a plain black faced model,with large, easy to read numbers. I also have a Rolex GMT Master II,but I seldom wear it.

I suppose it doesn't make much sense to carry a phone, and wear a watch,too, but mechanical watches appeal to my love of machinery,and I like to be able to quickly (and sometimes surreptitiously) check the time without appearing rude to others.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wearing a Citizen Nighthawk today, on a black leather strap.

Right now I have 13 watches that I choose from for daily wear, and 5 more that I choose from for special purposes like working on my car, bicycling, etc. All of my watches were purchased for relatively low prices, no rich person stuff here. Of all of those watches, 5 are quartz, the rest are automatic. The automatics include Seiko 7s26, ETA 2824 and Citizen Miyota.

pmwf.com