im sorry everyone

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i am not realy sure why im mean this last few days i have no excuse im sorry i will try to be nicer

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry I missed what went on and it occured in the first place. My life isnt that great either and often wonder why I bother getting out of bed. Its like i fall into a pit of broken glass and it rains lemon juice and salt water. After I exit the pit I am hit by lighting, fall into a jar of honey and attacked by bees and fire ants.

I had a doctors appointment monday, they were unable to draw blood from me as I was dehydrated from not eating or drinking anything since the night before. Had to the hospital to get it done and still couldnt eat or drink anything. No results on the blood test either, hope they didnt loose it. I was told I am 122 lbs over weight, but I didnt look at. The doc really had no advice rather I should try to loose it or continue my routine. Said I may of been misdiagnoise and instead of being a marfan suffer maybe some form of a macrobolic disease. I was going to go to work half a day, that didnt happen. Doc was an hour late showing up, the office was slow and going to the hospital didnt help anything. At least I got to a dunkin donuts/ice creme shop and got a mix of donuts and banana split, best 15 bucks I spent unless i was ripped off. I did get to a chineese food vendor at the mall and got two boxes of chicken terrakya and rice to go. That was good. I was too pooped to workout that night and went to bed early.

Tuesday, bus was an hour late, got to work 45 minutes late. THe usual routine calling leads from the bottom of the barrel of those who had equipment interests. I made 103 calls in the 7 1/2 hours worked. Many hang ups, wrong numbers, numbers out of service. I was still not up to working out, went to bed after watching dirty jobs.

Wednesday, Got up late. Got ready quickly for bus. Got to work on time. Again, more abuse from the folks on the phone from some bottom of the barrel dog crap leads. I took a 15 minute break to watch down the street a few blocks about other business. That business wasnt what I expected, prices rather high, etc. Rest of work sucked, I signed out early and took the bus back home, took a nap, worked out, went to bed.

Thuesday, Same as Tuesday, went to bed at 8pm, nuff said.....

Friday, felt pretty good, had a few good calls, took a 15 minute nap at work, got home 45 minutes later than normal, worked out and online. Unable to get ongoing problems with tracfone resolved. So far so good.

Saturday-Sunday, likely sleep in, watch tv, snack, eat, nap, try to work up energy to work out both days, look up stuff online.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That must be a tough, tough job. I hope in the future things will improve for you and you'll merely consider this job a learning experience in the roadmap of life.

cobb said:
Tuesday, bus was an hour late, got to work 45 minutes late. THe usual routine calling leads from the bottom of the barrel of those who had equipment interests. I made 103 calls in the 7 1/2 hours worked. Many hang ups, wrong numbers, numbers out of service. I was still not up to working out, went to bed after watching dirty jobs.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, one back to you too with an led light on top.

I guess what gets me of all is the time lost in a day from transportation. I get up at 530, catch bus at 615, get to work at 730, work til 300-330, catch bus, get home an hour to hour half later depending on traffic and weather.

Some days I wake up a bit sore from working out night before, then having a well worn uncomfortable seat on the bus makes it worse. Then having to deal with stranger than normal folks on the bus that make you keep your guard up than trying to nap on the bus. Then you got BO from others to deal with, noise from others and the bus's poor climate control system.

I think getting my license and driving will turn my life around a bit. I can go right to and from work at my convience, only 11 miles. Head anywhere to eat than the roach coach down the street and hit the gym as needed. They are rather flexible at work and wouldnt mind me checking out for a few hours and coming back. Just cant exceed 40 hours for the week. I would hit ukrops or some other shop and get a healthier lunch then hit the gym, return to work for a few more hours, then head home.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy, yeah, but someone has to do it. I am just hourly calling leads that were put in the computer as far back as 01. Current customers too are in there.

The business has the idea to keep contact with the folks to catch them before they need something. Nice in theory, but the other companies that do cold calling makes the task almost impossible to reach someone about a hund housand dollar crane they purchased.

Quite a few times folks went with other vendors, equipment, etc. Some resented their decisions, others seem to not care. Worse of all, no one says remove me from your list, no I am not interested, quit calling me.

Its either jerking me around by transferring me to everyone but the right one, transferring me to fax machines or folks who play deaf or hang up. I call the deaf folks and hangups back and they open up and say they arent interested any more, no more needs,some excuse or voice mail, then I just leave a message. Othertimes I talk to folks who want something that is not possible to build/assemble from an engineering point, ansi and dot regulations.

I guess being at my command than an automated system makes it worse. i am in control of everything but the person on the other end. With the inbound call center I worked for at the insurance company it was all automated, constant calls rolling in and going out. This job I have to pick up the phone handle, dial the number in addition to getting a line out, etc, then log it, update any info, send notes to right folks on what it was regarding an interest in, etc.

I hope being able to drive could allow me the freedom to get a better paying afternoon or night job and would work this one part time. 4 hours blows by pretty quickly, but I need a good 30 hours weekly to pay the bills and a good 40 to buy some of the neat goodies the folks here build and sell.