Quest. about RivRock 2xAA 1.5 W

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the convex lens was turned around - would it produce a good flood beam with spill light instead of the intense spot beam mentioned in all the comments from owners.

Is this possible / has anyone tried it ?

What about removing the lens entirely ? More spill light ?

____________________*___________________________

thezman

Enlightened
I went to Target tonight and picked one of them up. Took it home and unscrewed the head, popped the led and driver out, pulled the reflector out and removed and modified the switch. I looked at the lens assembly and couldn't figure out exactly how it was held in the head. I think maybe the head assembly is two pieces. The inner part of the head,(that screws into the body), looks like it may be screwed or pressed into the outer part of the head The inner part looks like it's holding the lens in. There is no good way to support the threaded portion so you can wrench on the outer part. I tried putting it in the vise, but just snugging it down started to collapse the thin rear threaded part of the head. I aborted the mission at that point and reassembled the light and called it a day. I like to own something for more than an hour before I totally trash it.
Maybe tomorrow.....
I have no idea what turning the lens around would do.
thinking.gif

flash99dark

Newly Enlightened
Now is the time to buy the RIVER ROCK 1.5W 2X AA and the 2X "C" cell model the AA one I piced up this Mon @ tTarget Cost me a Wopping $9.88 the C cell model is going for $12.88. Both of them come with a pair of Duracells so
buying at these prices is a no brainer. I have one of each and enjoy them at times as much as my much more expensive flashlights. I use 2500 AA enerigizers in one and CTA brand C size 5500Mah in the other. The CTA batteries can be had for a decent price on Overstock.com and s&h is only
$2.95 for most items......William

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zman :

Maybe when the head is off - you can just push the lens assembly out from the inside using a wood dowel ?