what to do with a 3D mag

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
i have a red 3D mag just sitiing in front of mr in pieces just waiting to be modded.
So I ask all you great modders what should I do with it.
I"m thinking led and a wall of light. I dont need a lot of throw I already have that.

right now I have a 2c with a lux III in it, a ROP. 2C with 3 cr123s and a bunch of surefires.

So what do you folks recommend I do to this light.

Cheers.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tri Lux, baby! Three T-bins in there. Parellel wire those bad boys and you'd have a minimum of 200 Lumens of Luxeon goodness! Very decent runtime as well and a HUGE hotspot!

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
send it to me for free was my first reaction :p( of course,i won't mind)

i think.... since you should have alot of those white lights by now, why not make a tri-cyan out of it? cyan light coming out from a red mag seems cool enough.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cyans would be nice... I have a red 3D Mag that I will eventually put 3 Red/Orange Lux IIIs into. That should be a little bit bright!

If you are feeling like getting particularly involved, forum member WildRice built a quad Lux light with an nFlex and 4 different colored Lux IIIs. The nFlex lets you use your stock switch to select from 5 or 8 (depending on firmware) levels of brightness and a seperate pot allowed you to select which color Lux you wanted to use. I think he had a white, royal blue, red and green.

Pretty spiffy little light. I was impressed!