Alkaline AA≈ Duracell, Energizer, other preference ?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
For years I used Everlast brand batteries from Walmart. They must have stopped making them. I can't find them at any of the Walmarts I go to. Anyone know what the story is?

I now use Ray-O-Vacs. They seem to perform just as good as any other brand from my experiences, and are always cheaper than Duracell or Energizer. But if I find those on sale, I'll use them too.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello AbvidledUK,

My favorites are those offered under the Rite Aid brand. I don't know who makes them, but the perform very well.

Tom

bcwang

Enlightened
I liked the Energizer E2 titaniums, but mostly because it came with a reclosable battery holder and the cells looked cool and had that handy gauge on it. But I rarely use alkalines anymore so I've got a few packs just getting ready to expire.

MrTodds

Newly Enlightened
Big_Ed said:
For years I used Everlast brand batteries from Walmart. They must have stopped making them. I can't find them at any of the Walmarts I go to. Anyone know what the story is?

I now use Ray-O-Vacs. They seem to perform just as good as any other brand from my experiences, and are always cheaper than Duracell or Energizer. But if I find those on sale, I'll use them too.
Good to here that Walmart is a good brand. Apparently they are closing them out because They were selling 9v's for .10, 4xAA for .10, and 2xC for .02 dated 2012, these were sold under the label "EverActive". Don't bother looking for them at the Pleasanton CA store, after I checked out, there were just empty pegs, not a battery in sight :whistle:

Last edited:

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with top performers like Rite-Aid or Rayovac unless I wanted a damage warranty.

But for some reason I am suddenly awash in lithium AAs
rolleye11.gif
If your device can't take lithiums and you want a flatter than alkaline discharge curve, Eneloop will work for things you keep, and Oxyride for things you may lose.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Rayovac as they seem to perform equally to Duracell and Energizer at a much lower price. Otherwise, I pick up either Costco Kirkland AAs for 0.21ea. or Ikea AAs for 0.20ea. I see the Rite-Aid brand on sale often, good to know they're good also, but I've got a lot of AAs currently (including a bunch of Dorcy AAs I got for cheap from a discount store).

maxilux

Enlightened
I don´t know if there is a differnce to our German Duracell Batteries, but here they are one of the 3 best Batteries you can buy.