any cpfers in Tokyo or japan

roguesw

Enlightened
Hi guys, just wanted to ask, anyone on the forum here in Tokyo or Japan
i just moved to japan last year and wanted to know if i could meet up and have a flashaholic get together.
cheers
des

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm never heard of any 'official' get togethers here.
Lemme know if you need info getting around, I'm sure there are others who can help too :thumbsup:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't live there, but go every year for the auto show in the Makuhari Messe area. Toted an M4 with me, not that I had to because the city is so blind-friendly.

Last time I was there I bought all kinds of cool parts in Akihabara, that with some attention on my lathe, will make nice gift lights. Saw some Surefires there too for ungodly prices.

buds224

Enlightened
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd re-awaken this old one. So any Flashaholics that live in Japan? If there are enough, I think it would be cool to get together.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know. I lived in Minami Azabu for 5 years, but that was a long time ago. We go every year to see my wife's family - be careful. I seemed to be the only one carrying a light. Let me know if you need any help.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually visit Japan once every other year or so. I stay at the Mercure in Yokosuka. Near the Shiori station. My next trip will most likely be 2015. Navy member? It would be nice to enjoy some cpf member company in an area where flashlights are not really taken seriously...

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was reading a McGizmo thread and he may have done a special run for a shop in Tokyo. So they may be out there after all. Tokyo is so bright - light pollution - that you don't need a light.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't doubt it at all. Almost like trying to find gun people in japan. They are there but still rare. I don't think I even carried my sf e1b. Just had my cr2 photons intl on my key chain.