CHECK THIS OUT!!!! PK pics of the new lights that will be at SHOT (HID series)

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Some of the new toys including different colored LED's. Just take a gander.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> http://www.pk-engineering.com/proto-photoz3.html <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

New series of lights include the:
Lumamax= looks like a line of LS lights

The Beast= which is listed as a xenon HID series

Digital flashlight series not sure what that means.

This is a partial preview of some really cool stuff.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:

An HID series. Check out the Hellfire.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't find the Hellfire. I did see The Beast though. Looks like that guy sitting in the chair is holding the Olympic torch!
Holy crap that thing looks wicked!!!

Does it really use 20 DL123A batteries?!?
shocked.gif

I don't know very many people at all who could even afford to use it if that were the case!!
blush.gif

That's $50 per battery change *IF* you got a decent price for them over the internet.
Or $304.72 per battery change if you were in Seattle, had an emergency situation, and had no other choice but to buy them at the local store.
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Ouch!!! Talk about taking it up the 'ol pooper!
x.gif

Lonewolf

Enlightened
telephony if you look at the picture after the shot of the bezel you will see the Beast is next to the Hellfire.

I really laughed at your Olympic torch observation that was really funny. The guy in the picture is pk the master.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turbo head for the E2e!! Does this mean a 100+ lumen HOLA?

Lithium Ion rechargeable 123 batteries!!
shocked.gif

Looks like the LUXEONS are with original optics, I don't care for the hex-head look though (for the E2e).
frown.gif
It's suppose to be easy to put in and take out of your pocket! I DO like how the M2 LED Bezel looked! I wonder how long it will be until they ship?

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup,

the Turbo-head and the rechargargeable 123´s IMO are nice - lets see what the price is (and charger) and if the head fits the E2 too - and the Lumiled-heads I guess will fit the E2 too I would suspect.

Looks great - now lets hope for some decent pricing - one can still dream though
tongue.gif

Klaus

D

**DONOTDELETE**

HELP!!! I NEED A MEDIC!!!

I think my credit card has just had a heart attack, I showed it PK's website and then it just turned blue and collapsed
frown.gif

The turbo head and the LED bezel were fixed to the E2e and E1e; I hope they will fit the E2 and E1. If not I'll just have to get both of the new E series as well as the heads. I wander what the runtime for the LED bezels will be?

I guess the beast is called that because it eats batteries! It looks too big for my liking, but the light output could change my mind, either that or Surefire have figured out how to make a flashlight last longer than 90 minuets
grin.gif

Tim

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did see The Beast though. Looks like that guy sitting in the chair is holding the Olympic torch!
Holy crap that thing looks wicked!!!

That`s not a torch! That`s a....well let`s just say the Starship enterprise is currently missing one of its Photonic Cannons!

Seriously, I think the name "Beast" is an understatement! How bright must that thing be? and please tell me there`s a rechargeable option too- 20 SF123s at a time- oh my...
shocked.gif

I must say I`m slightly dissapointed that the Luxeon bezels and that fancy digital LED light (now that does look good!) just use LumiLED`s usually-less-than-great stock lenses. Or are they? Perhaps they are specially made for SF to make the beam smoother and narrower? Mr K- could you elaborate at this stage, or is it too early? Still, you know I`m going to get at least one
grin.gif
. Looks like I`ll be raiding my Maxabeam fund yet again. By the time I`ve saved enough for one of those, they`ll be obsolete!

So many cool things in this world, so little cash to buy them all.....

rolleyes.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I could tell you how bright they are, but you would not believe me.

Anyways, not that I don't believe PK, but I'm here in Vegas to make sure he's not having a joke with me!

Al
rolleyes.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think of the recoil when that gets turned on!

The other night I thought I`d seen a wierd glowing in the sky over in a sort of westerly direction- that must`ve been PK and friends testing those things out!

Tell me it doesn`t cost thousands. Please?

shocked.gif
tongue.gif

(to help explain the joke you have to remember where I`m from!)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You can bet that I will be purchacing one of the LS Surefires!! Does anyone know if the LS head will fit the existing E1??? I just recieved my E1 today (woohoo
grin.gif
). I am also excited about the other models. I think I will become s surefire junky real quick.

Eric

Lonewolf

Enlightened
All you people that were complaining before about having to hide all the receipts from your wives are in a whole lotta trouble now.

I hope that SF doesn't have the same problem with the Luxeon's that Peter has been having with the whites being bluish.

kb0rrg

Enlightened
This appears to be a very big year for SF. Please quit teasing us. Give us the cold hard specifications, prices, ETAs, and design philosophies for the new series.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FC-fire/rescue:
Could the Hellfire be rechargeable??? And the Beast 123 powered?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is correct.

Same bezel/bulb assy. with;
(a) SF123A x 20, 2000 Lumens, 100 min.
(b) NiMh , 2000 Lumens, 60 min.

pk

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you believe this 2000 lumens and rechargeable. I have absolutely no use for one but I want one very badly!!! Is there something wrong with me for wanting one of these if I don't need one?

JoeyL

Enlightened
I'm certainly glad we are getting advance warning here. This is a good time to refinance the house and get a second mortgage to cover the beast or hellfire.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
HOLY MOLEY!!! what do you think the lumamax series is? the digital? Oh my goodness...

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cerberus:

I guess the beast is called that because it eats batteries! It looks too big for my liking, but the light output could change my mind, either that or Surefire have figured out how to make a flashlight last longer than 90 minuets
grin.gif

Tim
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With 5 times of capacity of a rechargeable UK HID, it better be more than 90 minutes.

Alan