Can someone identify the maker of this flashlight body?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think we have a Custom section here anymore, unless I'm mistaken, so I thought this would be the place to post this. It's either brass or copper. Little bit of a patina, but they both get their own and I usually can't tell one from the other. I haven't done the spoon test on it yet. It's Surefire E-series compatible, 2AA/14500. Double o-ring on head end. Tail has spot for one, but it's missing. I think I've had this at least 15 years. I'm thinking Balrog? Maybe TNC Customs?

Attachments

• 20240315_001228.jpg
    20240315_001228.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 128

skillet

Enlightened
It may be e-series compatible threads but double o-ring makes no sense to me. The e-series head screw down tight to a flat, unlike c-series that screw down "around" the body.

Reminds me more of a custom Mag AA body that would take a e series tail cap and magAA head/bezel.

check out this archived .link... ABTOMAT is right on the money... As usual

Last edited:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
So back in 2006 Surefires were rarer than hen's teeth as they say around here. You would read about them in gun magazines such as Guns & Ammo but no shop ever seemed to carry them. My friend's father had one but he also had an HK that was also made of unobtanium and a coin dealer in Ohio had a box for one which is probably still there on the shelf only empty.

Where did people get these before Walmart, Lowes, and Cabelas started carrying them?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure that'd a DSpeck UBH. It is designed for E-series heads but I can't remember the reason behind the two O-rings. I'm sure there are some old threads that still have the info. I used to have an aluminum one around 2006.
Oh yea! That's what it is. I should know since I have an aluminum Dspeck UBH kit around here somewhere. Thanks!!!!

Pretty sure that'd a DSpeck UBH. It is designed for E-series heads but I can't remember the reason behind the two O-rings. I'm sure there are some old threads that still have the info. I used to have an aluminum one around 2006.
Looking at the web archive photos, maybe the double O-rings are meant for Arc heads? The photos shows the head covering both rings, unlike the SureFire and McGizmo heads.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
So back in 2006 Surefires were rarer than hen's teeth as they say around here. You would read about them in gun magazines such as Guns & Ammo but no shop ever seemed to carry them. My friend's father had one but he also had an HK that was also made of unobtanium and a coin dealer in Ohio had a box for one which is probably still there on the shelf only empty.

Where did people get these before Walmart, Lowes, and Cabelas started carrying them?
I think I ordered my first direct from Surefire back in 1999-2000. It was an E2-BK and a box or two of batteries.

There was internet back then too! Was so cool not to have to mail order stuff anymore. 😎