Maglite Solitaire Collection

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started this collection a few years back. I have searched for a complete listing of what Solitaires were available, which colors Maglite produced. There is not a lot of information about these out there. I believe this to be complete, but I am not sure. Hopefully there are other Solitaire collectors out there. I would be very interested to see if there are other colors available, or other colors that were produced. There are a few colors here which would make a nice addition to the 2 AA Mini - Mags, amber, yellow, rose, kelly green to name a few.

( I keep a listing in an excel spread sheet, makes it easy to see what I have )

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
:goodjob: Nice collection, I had no idea that solitaires came in so many colours.

greenLED

Flashaholic
:kewlpics: :party:
Yeah, what Norm said. That's an excellent collection! I think I'm hooked... and they're cheaper than collecting 2AA minimags. :crazy:

I have:
black,
pewter
ice blue
dark green

None of them picked up on purpose. Actually, all have seen some use. I keep them mostly waiting some day I'll have the modding skils to make a Zetex deadbug pill and stuff a Lux in there.

I saw some odd colors at Wal-Mart a month or so ago. I didn't pick any up thinking nobody would want them. If there's any interest, I think we're going again in a week or 2.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
greenLED said:
:kewlpics: :party:
Yeah, what Norm said. That's an excellent collection! I think I'm hooked... and they're cheaper than collecting 2AA minimags. :crazy:

Green,

You should start "collecting" test tubes from the lab, that would be a cool way to display these little guys!

greenLED

Flashaholic
sizzlechest said:
You should start "collecting" test tubes from the lab, that would be a cool way to display these little guys!
There's an idea. We have a bunch of unused ones. I'll dig through the cabinets, see which ones are a good fit for the Solis. :)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABTOMAT said:
Nice collection. Do you have a Marquis yet?

The pink one I purchased 2 years ago, from Zimmermann in Switzerland, came in a Marquis box. The only one I have like that.

The other square box is also from Zimmeramnn. That one held the Weinrot Solitaire. The smaller box is what the majority of my collection came in. Some from EBAY, Some from Action Lights

greenLED - if you put them in test tubes - does that mean you have to 'experiment' with them?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Nice Very Nice!

I don't have a Mag Solitaire. In fact I don't think I've even owned one! ? :huh: :ohgeez:

Enjoy!

pilou

Enlightened
So are you going to do an LED conversion for all of them :naughty:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
What's so special about Marquis-boxes Solis? I had never heard of those.

I though it was just those that were sent to the non US market. But - I really have no idea...

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Marquis is what the Solitaire was originally called. Another company sued over the use of the name, so they changed it. I don't think they were in production very long at all.

greenLED

Flashaholic
ABTOMAT said:
The Marquis is what the Solitaire was originally called. Another company sued over the use of the name, so they changed it. I don't think they were in production very long at all.
:wow: Cool info. I had no idea.

fisherman

Newly Enlightened
Very nice collection of solitaires, I believe that there are also Earnhardts both Jr and Sr and maybe other NASCAR drivers?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
fisherman said:
Very nice collection of solitaires, I believe that there are also Earnhardts both Jr and Sr and maybe other NASCAR drivers?

I had not seen them any where - I have seen the Nascar signature ones in the 2 AA Mini-Mags. I stayed away from promotional lights for the most part. there has to one from Bush Inaguration to the X-Files ( 2 AA size ) I did get one Nascar Solitaire light - This was done by Maglite, Nascar Spectrum - nice fade anodize on that one...

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine at www.waffenzimmermann.ch a few years back. Search on maglite when you go to the site, This is the listing they have. They are located in Switzerland

Maglite Mod. Solitaire, nachtblau

I got this as one of a few items - between shipping and the price of the item, it will be pretty expensive....

Check out www.action-lights.com they have a lot of interesting colors available.

Last edited: