Any people near Va?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
totally pointless for me to post, since i now live a full days drive south from you ;) But I used to live there. Spent some happy years living not far south of the river. It's a pretty neat town and close to a lot of other interesting towns. You could spend the weekend in DC or go south to Savannah or lots of other cool places.

Look up Pasta Luna and take a girl there for a great dinner, then walk across the parking lot to Gelati Celesti for desert!

Nice thing is that it's a large enough city that they pretty much have anything you'd want to do, but not so large that you can't get anywhere. The highways all through the city are nice too. Rush hour still sucks though, like anywhere.

The University isn't in exactly the best part of town... but the fun downtown section isn't that far a walk from there, lots of good little restaurants and vintage clothing shops :D

catfishpat22

Newly Enlightened
From Baltimore here. New to the flashlight scene, but the new product @ ai is an Led

vtunderground

Enlightened
Cornkid said:
I am attending the University of Virginia in August, and I just wanted to know if anyone was in the area.
-tom

Yep, I'm in Charlottesville. I used to live right by the university, but recently moved across town (to be closer to the Rivanna river).

Charlottesville isn't a bad place to live, but it has it's problems. The biggest for me are the insanely high cost of living, and the high crime rate (see my "Apartment Safety" thread in the 'Other' board). But on the other hand, it's a great city for hiking, mountain biking, and any other outdoor activity (as well as urban exploration).

Are you going to have a car at school? It definitely helps, especially in a larger town like Charlottesville, but I'm not sure what UVA's rule is on freshmen having cars.

Anyways, let me know if you've got any questions about UVA or Charlottesville, and yeah, let me know when you move to town.